Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Ulusub Spearfishing Co. New Speargun Range (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=142370)

Behslayer 03-25-2012 03:09 AM

Ulusub Spearfishing Co. New Speargun Range

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

I'm re-starting this thread to announce our new Speargun Ranges. In addition to our Pro-Series Enclosed Track guns, we are adding a very nice, low profile, carbon fiber reinforced, Euro-Series. Here you go. I'll post some pictures soon. Please contact Ulusub for pricing and availability.

Thank You,
Jon
info@ulusub.com

KILLIAN 03-25-2012 08:05 AM

Re: Ulusub Spearfishing Co. New Speargun Range

With this lineup of guns I suspect you will be very very busy this year. It is obvious you have listened/learned the current market needs/desires and have created guns that utilize the latest concepts and styles to come up with some awesome firepower!

Both rear handle builds have me wanting a new gun , now I just need to consider if I want the thin "true" euro series or the more robust rear handle pro series that is obviously designed for a 3rd band and some fish smashing umph!

Side note: it seems many people get WAY to hung up on (color& clear)epoxy finishes for a "custom" look, I agree with you that quality wood looks sharp enough but I predict that the more epoxy work you get involved with the more orders will come from those buyers needing sexy dive jewelry:) Good luck tho you won't need it!!

Samik 03-25-2012 08:18 AM

Will these be epoxy or oil finish?

the 110cm models look about perfect for our waters up here...

Behslayer 03-25-2012 08:31 AM

Hi Killian,
If you are interested in the Gun Specs ie number of bands and shaft diamters, exact length, etc. and pricing, please contact via email and I'll send you the info.

Samik, these can be either Oil or Epoxy finish.

Thanks,
Jon

Nerka 03-25-2012 08:44 AM

Jon, I have always admired your work. I can't wait to see more pictures, and hopefully a few in person.
thanks

Markio 03-25-2012 10:05 AM

I'm pumped..I want a 155cm ,pms and e-mails responded. I wish I could afford 2.
I want to see the face of those big YT when they stare at me from 18' and suddenly they get a shaft...they are gonna be like...did you get a new gun?..:lol:

CommFish 03-25-2012 10:26 AM

Email sent

Nix 03-25-2012 11:53 AM

Great guns!!! Just shot a 16.5lb mutton with my 145cm ulusub :)

slingshaft 03-25-2012 09:37 PM

~~~ Stellar!

Castronova 03-26-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markio (Post 1629099)
I'm pumped..I want a 155cm ,pms and e-mails responded. I wish I could afford 2.

Serious, I can't decide if I get a 165, sell my 140 and get a 150 Euro and a 165, or just a 150 enclosed track:scratch:
Jon is probably going to start charging me to answer questions pretty soon.

Behslayer 03-26-2012 10:57 PM

Well. if that fish in your avatar swam by me, I'd be smiling widest if I had a 165 in my hands. It is a Mid Handle though.. so you need to be comfortable with them.

parker 03-27-2012 08:38 AM

very nice looking guns! How much does the Pro-Series Rear Handle 150cm gun weigh without shaft? Same question for the Euro-Series 150cm?

Prosailortim 03-28-2012 09:47 AM

I just ordered a mid-handle 42" gun from Jon, his guns are sweet plus his excellent customer service. Jon forgot to ask you, will the gun be shipped to me in a month or will it be delivered to me in a month?

Teamdiesel 03-28-2012 10:58 AM

My problem with wood guns for reef fishing especially, is they are too damn heavy. I have a Riffe 2X padauk, and that thing is mad heavy! It gives my hand sore after half the dive. What is the dry weight of your 110cm rear handle Pro?

Behslayer 03-28-2012 11:50 PM

Shipping in a month.

Regarding weights. I'll weigh up some guns and see what they weigh, but really Weight is not something you should be feeling in the water.. I can push my guns with one finger when I'm swimming. I actually find it easier to track a heavier wooden gun than a rail gun, especially if they are longer. We've all discussed the mass vs. weight vs. displacement question to death in another thread, but I do think that a heavier gun does possess a bit more? momentum? as long as it's ballasted correctly, and especially if there's a mid point of mass towards the back of the gun, ie through shaping, or addition of a reel, a wooden gun seems to move nicer in the water to me. Think of the Crux of a sword blade. I often dive in very very rough conditions.. ie rip your mask off your face surge inside the Wave zone.. I've had a lot of people comment that our wooden guns handle much better than a Rail gun in these conditions.

Another nice thing about a Wooden Gun is that when you are carrying 7Olbs of fish back home, you can just wrap it up on your gun stock and you know it's not going to cleave into two pieces..