View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 07:34 AM   #9
Steel Shootin'

Quote:
Originally posted by RichTaylor

In fact, there are some VERY notable people on this very board who arent involved or are apathetic to the problems facing our sport. (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!)
I don't know of anyone who is "VERY" notable on this board who is "apathetic" to the problems facing our sport. Instead of taking a blind stab at someone, call them out. Otherwise, it leaves people to guess who the high profile person is that doesn't care.

That is not to say I don't get your point. While I don't know of any apathetic people, I think some people stick their head in the dirt, hoping problems will go away. They need to be confronted and will not go away without the advocacy of a group like the FRA.

As to why I have not posted to this thread, I will say again that I think a plan of convincing regulatory agencies that goliath grouper are dangerous to spearfishermen gives them potential justification to restrict diving/spearfishing in some areas. This could be especially true if through junk science they find that GG have not recovered sufficiently, or do not pose a threat to the rest of the eco-system. They may become concerned that they are now exposed to liability when it is the spearfishermen themselves who argue: "These fish are dangerous!"

Consequently, I will not be posting stories of my own. Hopefully, that is not interpreted as apathy. Having said that, I will support the FRA in whatever strategy it takes with this, and as always encourgage everyone to get involved and become a member.