View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 12:47 PM   #12
Bob Ballew

Re: 7 Gill Charge @LJ

...At this point in the game, I prefer the damage my 6" tri-edge sliptip can do, as I know it is reliable....one suggestion: if you can get a downward shot into the head, aim down the center, the same distance back from it's eyes, as the eyes are wide (a triangle). This should put the shaft into or near the walnut size brain of most sharks...It worked on the 9' blue.
...One other thing to watch out for: My blue went into a "death roll" due to the solid hit by his brain. The rapid winding of my cable around his body caused me to be pulled toward him, as the line didn't clear the reel as fast as he was rolling. This put my feet within range of his snapping teeth and I was swimming like hell to kick away from his jaws while hand pulling line off my reel as fast as my arms could move.... Many of it's teeth were broken off from biting my spearshaft... Later, I examined my heat treated stainless steel shaft and found teeth marks imbedded into the steel...pretty powerful jaws to do that!.....Evade that first rush and you have a good chance of getting out of the situation...………………………...

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 06-04-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote