View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 10:09 AM   #52
Wobbet60

Re: What is up with this spearfishing closure at Biscayne National Park?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin man View Post
I went to the meeting last night in FL City (Javier, I just realized I sat at your table! I was the goofy looking guy with long hair and gray tshirt.) There was an overwhelming response for the park to be policed better to include checking size and bag limits. Most everyone there favored seeing the current rules enforced and tracking that data before taking the step to put new rules/closures in place. I haven't been here long enough to know what the park used to be like in comparison to what it is now, so it was very informative for me to hear from long time residents. Regardless of where they stand, it was good to see people who are passionate about the park.

Please take the time to attend one of the next two meetings which are in Coral Gables and Key Largo respectively (Javier's link includes the schedule). Also, you have the ability to submit your comments online through
http://parkplanning.nps.gov/document...cumentID=61253

I suggest submitting your own thoughts as BNP is noting the difference between independent responses and form letters (They reported the number of responses in their opening presentation and noted the difference between the two. They didn't explicitly say that one is viewed differently, but the fact that they are differentiating would lead one to believe that.) Voice your opinion and let's hope that BNP continues to be a resource that we can all agree is managed well.
The past meetings are good evidence that the park is not listening. Everyone already agrees that the park is MISMANAGED. Talking to the park is over, its time to get serious and attack the end run.
Wobbet60 is offline   Reply With Quote