View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
omni
Whats this pointy thing?

Re: Beaver Lake Arkansas spearfishing tournament,Aug 15th.

Some questions were asked that I thought were good ones.

Yes you can win more than one category. If you are good enough then you can win all three. You cannot take more than one place in the same category though, one fish per diver per category.

I understand that requiring the fish to be gutted is not normal tournament rules. The thinking behind the rule is that being on the water for 6 hours could lead to spoilage. That is also why we are not doing a point per fish per pound tournament. In an effort to prevent meat waste we decided that gutting would be required and that icing would be recommended.

ETA: 7-18-09: After further research we will not be requiring the gutting of fish. There is some question about the state laws. State law states that you must leave the body of water but no one is sure if that means just getting off the boat or if you must be a certain distance away from the water. I am waiting on the game and fish commission to clarify this matter. In the mean time we will change the rules in a effort to comply with the state regulations. We will have a bold sign on the signup table to remind everyone of the rule change.

Shaun

Last edited by omni; 07-18-2009 at 02:06 PM.
omni is offline   Reply With Quote