virgili

Re: Action in Costa Rica.

Thank,s a lot for your feedback!
Code:
was it big the marlin?
An about 150/200 lb blue marlin
Code:
how do you chase marlin?
With all modesty I’m not a reference in marlin spearfishing. I have been meeting soon five and made video by missing the fish…
Specific technics used to catch marlins come from Australia and S.A. Trolling is standart and when the fish swim close to the lure you have to jump… the action is short (10/ 20 sec.) and a little bit stressfull . You have to be overweighet in order to sink fast and to shoot the fish from the bottom up.
I get use to using this technic wich needs a strictly preparation and an experimented team. A little incident with these great pelagics would be serious. But I often jump at the time the fish took off, then by using an (home made) flasher and making some repetitive noise with the bands, It’s surprising but I observed sometime the fish coming back from nowhere and visiting the flasher! The shooting parameters are better. So I caught my best sailfish ( I have been meeting soon about twenty and caught five) : an about 130 lbs and 8' 9'' long.
Marlin behaviour is different than sailfish. Marlin keeps its distance from the diver and swims in a « linear way », but sailfish is more unpredictable. I often observed how they fast swim too close to you then going under your legs wich make the right shot impossible…
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SF 130 CR.jpg
Views:	2723
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	68714  
virgili is offline   Reply With Quote