View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
seadogger

Re: Dogs, Hogs, Cobia, Cubera, Muttons... What didn't we shoot - Hypnautical 4/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyph View Post
When out for a few bottles yesterday.

The sharks were all on vacation... Some guys on a boat from the boat club said they stole their beach ball and headed down south with it... Never the less managed to nail a free swimming Cobia for a nice start to the day. I think he was as shocked to see me as I was him.

We saw a few nice Cubera throughout the day... and finally decided to take one down. Had to crawl all the way up inside a tight crawl space to get to him. It took two shafts and 10 minutes of wrestling...

Then came the fun of holding it next to my ear as it snapped and thrashed trying to bite me. Thankfully Cpt. Tony was right there to pull me out by the flippers.

We finished up the day with a 10lbs dog snapper, some mutton, 1 Cobia, a 50lbs Cubera, and some hog. Another fun day.
Tony should have SHOT you in the flipper and drug you out !! LOL Nice Cube !!

JESUS SAID...."Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day.....Teach a man to spear & he will eat for a life time or until SAFMC shuts everything down " or something like that.
seadogger is offline   Reply With Quote