View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 02:35 AM   #1
Fej

Spear pole head repair

I've got an older tapered fiberglass spear pole made by Scubapro that used to be my fathers. It has a had a trident tip on it since I got it from him, I used it for awhile when I first started spearing and it worked well enough. I've since moved on to a custom speargun and haven't used the pole in ages. I need to send my gun in to get refinished and while it is gone I want to use the spear pole.

I found linghunts flopper shaft tips on ebay and was planning on getting one (and an adapter if needed) to make the pole a bit more effective. I tried to unthread the tip tonight and even after multiple soakings with PB Blaster when I put it in a vise and started unscrewing the threaded shaft broke off in the tip.

Now, I recognize that this pole isn't a super nice Gatku or Crist but it is much nicer than most fiberglass poles and it has a tremendous amount of sentimental value so I have a very strong desire to repair it.

I was hoping some other spearos might have some insight into how I could go about replacing the head to this pole. Any help would be appreciated.

Disclaimer: Even if it is the most logical route I am not going to shell out for a Gatku/Crist/etc. As much as I wouldn't mind having one I already have a very nice speargun and it wouldn't make sense to shell out a couple hundred bucks for a pole I won't use very much. This decades old fiberglass pole means enough to me that I am set on repairing it even if it seems like a fools errand.

Last edited by Fej; 11-19-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Fej is offline   Reply With Quote