Thread: Budak Spearguns
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 08:48 AM   #3
Dr.P

Re: Budak Spearguns

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeogre View Post
I've got a jade 110. Love it. Alper, the guy you'd talk with on his Instagram account, is super and willing work with you on the gun color and how you want it setup. He updated me throughout the build process. I am a mid handle guy on my longer guns, but my shorter guns, I seem to prefer rear handles. It took me a bit to get used to the sight picture on this size gun because it's my only middle sized gun. I either use 60" plus or sub 40". I needed a middle range gun for good vis days in the U.K. This fills that need perfectly. My target fish here are bass and flatties. Most of the fish I shoot are in the 1-2 kilo range.

My 110 is setup with a 140cm 7mm shaft and his reel. For 54 euro, it's really hard to beat that price for a spooled reel. I setup my own bands with 14.5 mm at 350% stretch. It shoots straight and far with that setup. I haven't done any pool testing, but I've shot some nice fish here in the U.K. With it. Range is around 5 meters with that setup and not a lot of recoil. I would imagine the power, being a much more massive gun, would be more stable. In my use of it, I haven't found it necessary.

Budak spearguns are also sold as red tide spearguns in he USA.
...I was about to say, that looks identical to the red tide guns. Good to know.
Dr.P is offline   Reply With Quote