View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 03:49 PM   #1
Bob Ballew

Why you Should Join CCA or Similiar...

...Joining an organization gives political clout to your voice...I joined CCA at the Fred Hall show after learning a few life lessons about fighting the good fight. ...
...When Surfriders recently started a grass roots organized move to tear down the Long Beach breakwater to get "better surfing waves", I attended public hearings and made Surfrider members angry by showing up at their events opposing the issue. It sounded good to them but was a major disaster for marine life and us...
...At a large Surfrider gathering on the beach, I was the only one present handing out leaflets opposing the move. A local politician (who surfed) was present and busy building his vote support...I gave his wife a leaflet explaining the environmental damage that would result to marine life if the plan succeeds. She promised they (he) would read it and look at both sides of the issue...(by now, you know that wives have the real power)....
...At public hearings by city hall on the issue, I was the only one present and speaking in opposition, as a representative for divers, fishermen and yes, environmentalists. The rest were landlubbers concerned about erosion and their homes.. When I finished my arguments, there was loud applause. Local politicians present got the message... I made sure they all (including news media) received my leaflet and some of my presentation made the local newspaper the following day. The battle goes on.....When you are young, you take from the sea. By the time you are old and have some wisdom, you realize you need to give something back...

My point?.....One voice is lost in the wind, but, many voices can be heard all the way to City Hall and Sacramento....another Ballew platitude

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 05-17-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote