View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 12:25 AM   #15
carrasco

Re: Palapas Ventana Flop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelppaddie View Post
Respectfully, I (and our group that goes down there) has nothing but positive things to say about Palapas Ventana. I have only experienced a top notch spearfishing destination. Diving has been variable for us. We have shot 10 wahoo in 3 days and sometimes none in the same amount of time. If you look at the tournament they had this year, last, the one before that...etc. you will see divers shoot great fish there.

1. This 4% fee is on the bill before you pay them and they have always been upfront about waving this if you pay cash.

2. We have had changing captains but have found all to be very professional and experienced.

3. Really? Complaining about not having a television in your room in Baja? Were you under the impression that you were staying at a 4 star resort? The website is very clear about the accommodations.

4. Did you communicate this to Tim before arriving?

5. Bring a woman who is happy sitting on a beach or BY THE POOL, getting dirt cheap massages, reading, snorkeling, paddleboarding, going on the boat, walking the beach, fishing/diving. This can all be researched before hand and should not be a complaint considering you knew where you were going (unless you didn't do your research).

I understand going somewhere and spending the money and not catching the fish you were expecting, we have all been there. It seemed like Tim tried to make it right by discounting the already relatively low cost of a trip and you still came on the internet to bitch. That is bush.

PV, Tim and his whole crew is top notch.
Top Notch? Bitch about a discount? HA!
Just so you know, We took his entire discount and tipped his staff with it, so its not about the money- its about being lied to about a bunch of things!

Did you not read the part where I wrote that the damned boat broke down two days in a row? After the boat broke down the first day, I was told that the starter had been changed and it turned out to be BS. THE SAME starter broke down a second time because it had not been changed. To top it off, I was told that the same engine had broken down “10” times before!
If you consider that top notch, the problem might just be your lack of experience traveling!

The Spearfishing World Championship? What a joke- any other resort can run a competition and name it whatever they want!

You may be mad as hell about what I am writing with respect to my experience at Palapas Ventana but it is all true. If it were not then that would be “bush.”

Maybe Palapas Ventana WAS a quality operation at one point and it has gotten fat! I will certainly never visit again and it is my very clear intention to inform others to stay clear of that place lest the same “bush” happen to them.

I live for days like these!

Last edited by carrasco; 07-31-2019 at 12:44 AM.
carrasco is offline   Reply With Quote