View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 05:52 PM   #53
Behslayer

Re: Rob Allen Tests Stainless Trigger Mechs

Pete, once again it is so cool that you share your understandings with the rest of us.

Rob, that's amazing to me that after 17,000 cycles you wouldn't have any deformation of a stainless sear. Some divers are like gorillas when they slam the shafts into a gun. It's one of the most common things I see when I take various mechs apart. Even in the picture you post here we can see deformation after just 200 cycles, and dang.... I've seen so many trigger sears deformed using Carbon steel shafts. I think mostly the issue is Gorilla placement. There are so many divers out there who actually believe you are supposed to slam a shaft into place..

Majd, There's something to be said for a Moulded Stainless Housing which can be fit to the requirements of Sears. They don't cost that much to make. They are extremely strong, and exact. I've become a big fan of Torsion Springs. One of the most common issues I see when taking apart my friends guns because they are having problems are issues with traditional springs. Either they are pulled out of alignment or stretched etc. Whether Torsion or Standard spring, it's very important for the Spring to be Way overbuilt for the task to assure longevity and Gorilla resistance...

One thing is for sure. We could all learn about triggers from Pete and Majd.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 12.36.41 PM.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	244973  
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote