View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 10:12 PM   #5
Mariner
...Diamonds on my neck...

Re: Outboard Adjustment Training Day

Hey Moose,

The proper name for it is Anti-ventilalation plate. Ventilation is the prop sucking air. Like if you over trim it,you're revs go up(blow out) with no increase in performance. Cavitation is the "boiling" of water on the prop blades. Anywyas, What hole is it on? What hull are you runnin? What prop/ size are you runnin? What rpm's are you turning? What length motor? (20,25,30)I have seen this problem before and sometimes there no real way to make improvements. Putting a bracket on a hull that it wasn't designed for doesnt always work as good as intended. My buddy put a bracket on his 23 Monza and hung a 300X on it. we tried everything and we could only get it to run mid 50's. At the same time my other buddy with a 21 Formula put a bracket AND a jackplate w/a Yammy 200 and runs 67. My 17' Action with 5" of setback,and a 225 JohnnyRude now runs 94 with a 30 Lightning ET. It's all about set up. Another thing to consider is what kind of gains are you lookin for?? Are they realistic? Sounds like you're pretty close, good luck. Shimming the motor will not help this.
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote