View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 10:49 AM   #25
alejqandrocosmo
Alejandro

Re: Speargun to Bali through Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamforce View Post
Thinking about moving to S'pore for few months or may be longer and doing short side trips to Indo with spearogears. Can anyone please share his experience getting the temporary license for the speargun? Do you keep you spears at the airport secure compound or police custody or at home? The former shall be expensive. Are there restrictions on bringing double-blade stiletto type spear/dive knifes into S'pore?
Or less hustle to start your trip through Bali and keep all the gears with someone reliable? Thanks in advance for suggestions and shared experiences.
This past May, I traveled to Singapore from the US. From Singapore, I flew to other countries including indo. Since I was advised by many members of the board, I did not take my spearguns since I would have had to leave them at the airport in singapore and also I was told that Bali's regulations on spearguns are not so clear. I just used the guns from the spearing company that i chartered with. I did however take all the rest of my dive gear including knives. Both my knives are double blade stilleto type. (mako and salvimar st). They did inspect my bag at the singapore airport the two times that i flew in and they made me take out the knives for inspection. Both times, I took them out of the sheath and told them it was for diving. They gave them back to me with no problem and I got them through.
alejqandrocosmo is offline   Reply With Quote