Thread: Baja Rules
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 10:03 AM   #18
anywater

Re: Baja Rules

Jan 2016 Baja report
The wind has been up for much of the winter but the diving on good days has been great with super vis and lots of fish.
The whale sharks are back early this year in the bay so it may be another early start to spring.
This last year saw lots of big fish taken including a dog snapper about 85 lbs, YT to 50 lbs, some nice grouper and cabrila.
Divers that went down in June were rewarded with good conditions and great fish.
July and Aug get very hot here and our place has great fans but no AC.
I will be there mid April - about June 4 if your in the area let me know I will plan a panga trip for you to some hot spots. This year I plan to finish my research on San Marco Island. We found and were given many new high pinnacles that hold untouched fish resources (world record doggy) And I plan to make it out to Isla de Tortuga to start charting it out, then a special trip with big Al to learn Turtle bay on the pacific side.
We will doing a lot of video work so watch for you tube videos sponsored by Rob Allen gear.
For a great dive trip and a place you can store the family, try Casa de los Suenos:
www.vrbo.com/339293
MM
anywater is offline   Reply With Quote