View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 03:53 PM   #35
Linghunt

Send a message via Skype™ to Linghunt
Re: JBL Pole Spear Modification

This part is for the JBL type pole that comes with the black threaded piece. The black part that I took picture of.

You don't want to buy a Tap for this one. If your pole has the side hole, you can hook the rope on as shown in this thread and just glue a wine cork in the hole. Done. Don't forget to drink the wine.

The other option vs this part, is to drill a side hole in the JBL parts, and stuff a cork in the pole past the threads to stop water filling. That was done earlier in this thread.

Not super familiar with all of their (JBL) models names, and such.

The concept is in Aaron's court, he made a few of these and got tired of doing it when he had his own customer base beating on him for lead time on his fine pole spear.

These parts actually came from a Custom 12 foot 3/4" solid Pole spear I made. Customer never paid for it, and after 5 years it became raw stock. lol. I just single point threaded them, I didn't have a die/tap in this size.

I'll probably have these complete by end of week, Just some final clean up on surface finish and then 2-3 day lag with anodizer. Got a plate full of other jobs to do first, for folks waiting on me.

I reason I posted these early; I was getting messages from divers that came from Aaron. Thought to save him some time on phone and keyboard. This thread was lighting up his various in-boxes, so I put it here.