View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
winklecl
Lord O' Cabezon

Re: Oregon spearfishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATH-BY-SPEAR View Post
So excited to hear from you guys. I am in Lake Oswego. I go to Garibaldi alot because my folks have a house there. Do you guys stay at hotels in Newport or what? I would love to free dive with you, though I am most likely far less conditioned for it then you. I am in the midst of finding a job at the moment so distance traveling with hotels and what not are not feasable AT THE MOMENT. I am going to Garibaldi/Barview sunday night monday night (4/17-4/19...) possibly longer if anyone wants to meet up. When you guys free dive what depth are you normally at? Scuba wise- I own everything plus to tanks... can rent more. Oh and BTW My parents live in Bend as did I for 6 years. I make it there often... Do alot of dirtbiking and fishing overthere.
Cool, you're actually just across the river from me. I'm in Milwaukie.

Hope you had a good trip, the weather on the coast was supposed to be fantastic. Post if you got out.

When I free in the northwest, I never go past about 30'. Never had the need or desire to push past that (it gets dark down there). In north cali I can go to 40' but again there really isn't much need. 90% of my hunting is in the 15'-25' range. I prefer to try and focus on down-time than depth.
I have no problem hunting on scuba, nice and relaxed and you don't miss as many shots. Plus gives you a good long time to check out those holes where lings/reds hide. Different strokes for all.
winklecl is offline   Reply With Quote