View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 01:51 AM   #10
randyrhoads

Re: Ears wont equalize

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedivingfool View Post
Ok, so your saying you rather be deaf but able to dive? Ok bro go luck with that, it will be hard to hear the firehouse alarm going off when your deaf! You might have common sense but your priorities are just jacked up if your willing to give up your hearing to dive.

Good luck with your endeavors!!

Where did I say I was deaf? I said SOMETIMES it sounds like i'm underwater. I've been living with this for a few years now and a couple more weeks of it to dive isn't going to kill me, that has nothing to do with my priorities. Do you have trouble reading? I could say your priority should be to learn to read better or not be so harsh and judgemental.... But there's no reason for you either of us to be telling each other what our priorities should be. Lighten up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogphish View Post
Hey randyrhoads, equilization can be a real problem obviously. Myringotomy will help drain your inner ear and the tube usually migrates out in a couple of months. Until then you can't dive unfortunately. I have treated quite a few perforations in spearing and competition. They often heal in a week or two but not always. Myringotomy is nothing more than a surgical perforation. Have you tried mucinex, ibuprofen and afrin. There are also equalizing exercises you can try that will facilitate the process. it will prime your eustacian tubes. The people who freedive for a living equalize up to hundreds of times per day as "ear drum exercises". Like any other training, the more you do it the easier it becomes. Hope this helps.

John
I have not tried any meds for it, the next time it happens i'll give it a shot. When I get back I will double my efforts to get the Myringotomy so I can find out if that's even the issue. What excercises, Valsalva maneuver, general equalizing?
randyrhoads is offline   Reply With Quote