Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Tell us about hunting in the PNW here!

Old 11-29-2014, 08:20 PM   #16
nikko
Nick

Re: Alaska Spearing trip

What were the results from these outings? I'd say spearing is year round depending on how your cold tolerance is. Glaciers stop melting in the fall and once rain turns to snow the visibility is best.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:09 PM   #17
Paul Benson
Mi nombre es Ben

Could you free dive it when its snowing in a 7mm open cell and not die?
Paul Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:31 PM   #18
steepNdeep
Wet spears

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedivehunt131 View Post
A friend and I are gonna be in Alaska in two weeks most likely Spearfishing out of Homer where he is a captain. We may spear out of Seward but most likely homer. We are going after halibut, lingcod and salmon. Text me if your interested in joining and splitting costs. 281-224-3508 . We will be there for two weeks so the days to spear are negotiable.
I asked freedivehunt131 how his trip to Alaska went. I don't think that he speared any fish & he said that he didn't like diving in the cold water. lol He did say that he had fun hunting though...
steepNdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:52 PM   #19
nikko
Nick

Ya it's not all sunshine and flowers up here. I think if your willing to battle the weather and tides it could be a huge payoff. Much of the diving in homer can be done from shore, although you would either want a guide who knows the area and or a boat for safety. Cook inlet and kachemak bay have some huge tides. It's basically a river at any time except a brief period during slacks. I'll be getting more tries at it this summer. There's potential to do really good in less than 40 ft. Forget about lings and rf, this is halibut country!