Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
SDDiver5

Does anyone have spearfishing dreams?

Last night I had such an awesome dream.

I don't remember much of it but what I do rememeber is being on the surface and looking down about 60 feet or so. There were huge hali's all over the place, big lobsters for the taking, lingcod, groupers, sheepshead, tuna, you name it and it was there chillin waiting for me to kill it! Now I want to go out so badly! I'm for sure doing a turkey day dive! Dive safe guys!

D
SDDiver5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #2
Ryanfish

Re: Does anyone have spearfishing dreams?

Yes all the time. My breath hold is epic.
Ryanfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
Hank49

Two nights ago I dreamed I came upon a 40-50 lb black grouper. I pulled my gun up to shoot and realized I didnt' have any bands on it. So I stabbed it and was trying to poke the shaft into it and hold it down. I woke up thrashing the sheet and covers around with my wife grabbing my arms. haha. True story...
Hank49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
kwtony
Snorkel Master

I do all the time, in fact last night i had a dream that this damn wind stopped blowing...then i woke up and it was blowing harder....
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
Ryfish

Funny I had a duck hunting and spearfishing dream at the same time. I was out duck hunting over a lake in a swamp when all of a sudden barracuda start falling from the sky then I notice that there when some wahoo mixed in! I got all excited and set down my shotgun and picked up my speargun and was trying to shot the wahoo while they where falling out of the sky. I don't know why I didn't just use my shotgun..... LOL.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
Hank49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryfish View Post
Funny I had a duck hunting and spearfishing dream at the same time. I was out duck hunting over a lake in a swamp when all of a sudden barracuda start falling from the sky then I notice that there when some wahoo mixed in! I got all excited and set down my shotgun and picked up my speargun and was trying to shot the wahoo while they where falling out of the sky. I don't know why I just didn't use my shotgun..... LOL.
It's awesome how our brains just go nuts in dreams.
Hank49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:42 AM   #7
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryfish View Post
Funny I had a duck hunting and spearfishing dream at the same time. I was out duck hunting over a lake in a swamp when all of a sudden barracuda start falling from the sky then I notice that there when some wahoo mixed in! I got all excited and set down my shotgun and picked up my speargun and was trying to shot the wahoo while they where falling out of the sky. I don't know why I didn't just use my shotgun..... LOL.
Hahaha i want some of whatever you are smoking!!!
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
KILLIAN
from lurker to legend...

Ryfish tells a dream story about cuda moving across the sky like ducks and he spots a wahoo in the mix, he unloads two bands off a Bluewater gun he happens to be standing in a grassy field with(hmm??) so as to not over penetrate the fish then let's one fly. He said it felt like Duck Hunt the Nintendo game. Watching him re-tell this story will entertain me for years to come. He tells it like it really happened in real life. He is such a dead serious hunter and sportsman by nature that a this story is a comic relief to his normal wahoo raping attitude.

I have only had a few Spearo dreams and most were the unloaded gun type where I'm reloading quick to get a shot off. This may be why I'm a single band rail gun fanatic. Fast reloads !!!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #9
SDDiver5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
Hahaha i want some of whatever you are smoking!!!
haha x2!! Sounded like an awesome dream.
SDDiver5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #10
KILLIAN
from lurker to legend...

LOL. I tried to tell your story and you best me to it !!!!

That shiiit cracks me up every time. !!!!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #11
headhunter561
Rob

yes, but like sex dreams, I always wake up before the money shot
headhunter561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #12
Lyterkillsling
Shaft'n Captain

i had one not to long ago while offshore. i was passing 130ft...which is a dream in itself, coming over the top of a pod of cobia. i let the shaft fly stoning what had to be at least 50+. im coming to the surface and i must have been holding my breath while sleeping because i woke up so fast gasping for air i hit my head on the bunk above me...... i couldnt get over that dream for so long... i have also had crazy dreams like freefalling over deep wrecks... so vivid... the things unisom will help you do!

BenthicOceanSports.com
Descentspearfishing.com
Lyterkillsling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #13
Powers
Dad

Often. But there is always some malfunction. Last one, I was in the water and realized my wife's chihuahua was in the water and a tiger shark was circling it. I tried to spear the shark but my gun was a rifle and it wouldn't work underwater. The shark came right at me and I woke up.

Less red wine before bed...or more.
Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #14
KeysKid
Keys Spearo

Yeah I've had some crazy spearfishing dreams. One recently I was diving in like 80ft and it was weird because on one dive I took a deep breath and I was down there for 8 minutes. It felt so real, like I felt like I didn't even need to breath. I got to the surface and looked at my watch and I was freaking out! Then I woke up. Haha I wish I had a 8 minute dive time!
KeysKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #15
jaxwax
average joe

Funny what you say about 'always a malfunction' Powers. I constantly have dreams about going surfing then never catching a damn wave.
No spearo dreams yet but something tells me they will lack shooting a fish successfully. What the hell is up with that?
jaxwax is offline   Reply With Quote