Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > Diving Safety, Accidents and Incidents

Diving Safety, Accidents and Incidents Post here to discuss accidents, incidents, ideas, gear, or anything else to improve spearfishing safety. Memorials and condolences threads should be placed in that separate forum.

Old 01-09-2016, 06:02 PM   #31
SEATUX

Re: Rebreather's Will Kill You

kehloken....What is your problem?
aue-mike says he is done trying to talk to a babbling idiot ( and you WERE an un-informed babbling idiot, and back peddling Allot!). And then You get all full of yourself and start up again (just because you now think aue-mike is thru posting and wont refute you? NICE!).
No one is making you dive a re-breather, no one cares about what you do. It's not like you have some personal insight to share with us ( like you are, or were, a re-breather diver or something) You have just read something that alarms you…OK..FINE..Diving in general is a dangerous sport..man up or get out..no one is making you dive in any way, shape or form!
Re-breathers have been successfully used by both militarily and sport divers for a long time, and now with the age of computers they are even better.

No..I don’t dive a re-breather, but that is My choice, I do have friends that dive them, and that is there choice, and you have obviously made your choice…
So STFU already!
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:35 PM   #32
kehloken

In 1969 it was a rebreather diver and it was classified sabotage, no absorbent in the scrubber, this involved a series of incidents, which they believe it could've been murder.

Now that's interesting, I mean really how many more murders going to happen in these rebreather accidents. For all these ones where there's no information at all.
Old 01-09-2016, 11:39 PM   #33
kehloken

1949 the rebreather diver was cave diving with no cave diving experience at all
Pressure gauge Did not work and he couldn't find his extra cylinder.
So on this one these things happen.
Old 01-09-2016, 11:43 PM   #34
kehloken

1986 rebreather diver was diving an ex military rebreather, he never surfaced and they never found him.
Old 01-09-2016, 11:50 PM   #35
kehloken

In 1997 I Navy diver died using a rebreather that was in service for 10 years, well the navy rebreathers sure last a long time don't they. Did not notice the alarm or it was too late, now DAN said it was faulty wiring.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:03 AM   #36
kehloken

I Remember back in 2011, there was a rebreather diver that died on the oriskany he had a few thousand dives on scuba but only 200 on rebreather.
they did not Find him right away but when they did he wasn't far off of like the back of the boat or something. And this reminds me of how when they did find him they just kept it quiet and didn't want to get any information and I doubt there's any information out there on that one. So it's a possible gear malfunction or who knows a murder. I mean there is always that life insurance.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:11 AM   #37
kehloken

2012 there was an instructor I was taking a student down and his oxygen sensor didn't work out for him also did not test out his rebreather before it went down.

Which you know that's going to happen you going to get all caught up you're gonna take this guy down there to do his class and you start talking and get all involved and you forget to take care of your own stuff, I mean how do you call that one is that how they determine things if you did not check everything its your fault. So yeah that's part of the game I guess.
Rebreather's will kill you because they always have faulty parts, such a damn shame.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:22 AM   #38
kehloken

You know in 2012 there was another rebreather diver the died on the Vandenberg playing around in 30 feet of water first and then they found him not breathing just kind of floating around. Never got a report on whatever happened to that fella.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:39 AM   #39
kehloken

Rebreather diver from France in 2012 purchased a used rebreather and died, not much information but they are calling it human error, as I'm thinking that well the guy should've checked his rebreather since he bought it used. Wonder what makes people buy these things and don't go through all the protocols to dive them.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:08 AM   #40
kehloken

OK now this is very interesting, Rob Mills was diving a rebreather in 2013 in Bonaire, he made several post on rebreather world and threads to probably. And experienced tri mix diver And a instructor. in 2012 when he's made post on rebreather world about a critical design fault there was no recall announced. Reported cells damage from freezing . Now this is warm water dive in Bonaire.
Reported that the cell issue was not likely the problem.
But there were plenty of other gear issues that were involved.

And rebreather world completely erased all memory of this incident of this well known experienced expert dive instructor.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:12 AM   #41
kehloken

With these findings now I understand why Patrick Nichols only had one post on rebreather world. And this is why somebody did not want me to post these to figure out how crooked the rebreather diving world is when you die.
So it is all about the litigation, and for no one to find out how dangerous these rebreather's really are.

It's going to be really interesting to keep finding out more and more how many rebreather's of kill people and they're covering it up.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:18 AM   #42
kehloken

I just not sure on the motive but it's almost like the rebreather's are murdering these divers, and that's just not right.

To take post and threads that a person has been trying to figure out and try to warn people of the problems that happens to them and then they die because of it.
I mean you know what degree murder is it first-degree murder second-degree murder 3rd° murder.

To take a rebreather divers information on problems that he had and malfunctions that he had as he was trying to stay alive and loving what he was doing. Someway whatever form it is rebreather world or whoever should be accountable and 1° of murder or another.

So I'm thinking if you're driving a rebreather you should just do a blog that way it can't be taken away.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:22 AM   #43
kehloken

Wonder how the rebreather community tries to portray in their own ways to hide these Fatality incidents

What really happened to Patric Nichols, what problems did Patric have with this rebreather.
What were some of the answers he was given about his problems that deliberately pushed him another way. He was an instructor also.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:24 AM   #44
kehloken

So is this some of the ways that you can research about rebreather's and killing you, and is it censored by the rebreather community.http://www.deeplife.co.uk/files/How_...ill_People.pdf
Old 01-10-2016, 01:28 AM   #45
kehloken

Here is the rebreather accident analysis method
http://www.deeplife.co.uk/or_files/R...hod_071219.pdf