Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
Ctglax83
Cole

New Bahamas video

We ran over to West End last weekend on my boat with Killian (KILLIAN), matt (mattt), and some friends and family, left friday and came back sunday. We stayed at Blue Marlin Cove both nights and dove for about 3 hours on friday. Day 1 ended with half of a nice mangrove after the sharks were done with him, a tiger, a nice mutton (my first with a polespear), a hog, a fat schoolmaster, a nice yellowjack, and a couple triggers. The second day we were in no rush to get in the water but ended up diving for probably 6 hours or so and ended the day with 4 hogs, a tiger, a nassau, 2 mangroves (one was my PB), my first cubera, my first midnight parrot, a nice yellowjack, and a few more triggers. I also tore off the first AP I had ever seen. On the last day we dove for about 4 hours and ended up with 5 hogs, my first black with a polespear, a tiger, a mutton, and a 35+ lb black.
The 35+ lb black was the last fish of the trip and it took us about an hour and a half to get him out of his hole in 53 ft. Killian spotted him cruising over the patches and followed him into a hole. He dove down put a good shot in his side and the grouper took off out the other side and shook the slip tip. I followed the fish into another hole that he somehow managed to wiggle his way into, but the only hole we could see him through was about the size of a cantaloupe. My friend and I both shot him through the hole in order to subdue him as best as we could. Killian then went down and put a gaff in his side under a small ledge less than a foot high where his tail was sticking out. We cut the slip tips off of the polespears and killian ripped him out from under the ledge. An hour and a half later he was in the boat and we were headed home. I had no clue how much teamwork it takes land a fish like that. We each did 10-15 dives to 50+ feet in attempt to get him out. The video is mostly clips from this trip and a few from a 2 day trip earlier this month where we got around 15 hogs, a cubera, and 3 tigers. Check out my new video in the link below

Last edited by Ctglax83; 08-03-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Ctglax83 is offline   Reply With Quote