Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Market Place > Member Items

Member Items This area is for members to list stuff they want to sell. This is not for retail sales.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
Wood Guy

Laminated Teak Speargun Blanks

Hi Y'all,

I have a few blanks that I made while making a custom gun, if anyone is interested. If you see any that look like they might fit your needs, pm me and I'll send some pics. (All dimensions are in inches.)

#16: 1.5W X 2.0h X 65L $185 + $18 shipping
#17: 1.5W X 2.0h X 68L $185 + $18 shipping
#22: 1.9W X 1.9H X 60L $215 + $18 shipping
#23: 1.8W X 2.2H X 72L $225 + $18 shipping
#24: 2.1W X 2.0H X 59L $195 + $18 shipping

My blanks are all FEQ (First European Quality) teak. This level was formerly referred to as "Burmese" teak. I typically use 4-6 vertical laminations with 1-2 horizontal lams across the top. I use West System 105 epoxy and glue the lams up in a special device I made that holds them perfectly straight and exerts uniform pressure along the blank during glue-up. As a result my blanks require very little, if any straightening (Typically within .010" deviation from straight along both the top and sides. I make sure my blanks are <.010" deviation when they ship. I usually hang the blanks vertically for a few weeks to make sure they don't move. I wrap the blanks in bubble wrap and ship in pvc pipe to protect against damage during shipment. All of the above blanks have been hanging for several weeks.

I guarantee my blanks unconditinally so if you are not satisfied for any reason, you send it back and I replace it or give you a full refund. Either way, I pay the freight after the initial shipment.

Thanks,
Bill
Wood Guy is offline   Reply With Quote