Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2011 Tournament and Event Archives > 2011 TBSC Winter Invitational - April 8-10, 2011

2011 TBSC Winter Invitational - April 8-10, 2011 Here is the place for information on this Florida west coast tourney

Old 02-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
Shoot2Thrill

5th Annual TBSC Tournament

We hope you will join us for the 2011 Tampa Bay Spearfishing Challenge!

The Tampa Bay Spearfishing Club is proud to announce their 5th annual tournament. The Tampa Bay Spearfishing Challenge (formerly the TBSC Winter Invitational) changed its name this year to more accurately reflect its open shooter policy and its ties with Tampa Bay. The TBSC remains one of the most fair and exciting tournaments for beginning and experienced shooters alike, as the random drawing prize format gives every competitor an equal chance at a first class prize table, regardless of placement. A random prize format puts the focus on camaraderie and fun. The beautiful trophies are often taken by inshore or newer competition divers due to rules that create a level playing field. This is a huge reason our sponsors love us and come back year after year! This is the first big spear tournament of every tournament year, so get your gear ready. Sign up early and qualify to receive, as a bonus, one of our Tournament Collector T-shirts for Free! Best of all, this tournament raises thousands of dollars every year for local and national charities and diver’s rights causes. Some of these organizations are: Fishing Rights Alliance, Dive Care – Military Wounded, Special Olympics, American Cancer Society, Florida Skin Diving Association, Women Divers Hall of Fame Scholarship Fund, Ocean Pals and more!

Attachment below contains registration, rules, and waiver.....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TBSC_WinterInvTourneyRules_Waiver2011.pdf (350.3 KB, 692 views)

Last edited by Shoot2Thrill; 03-04-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Shoot2Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
jbrennan

Re: 5th Annual TBSC Tournament

We are looking forward to an excellent prize table thanks to all of our past and new sponsors. We will be starting a prize thread next week so stay tuned and get ready to sign up for the Tampa Bay Spearfishing Challenge. Also, a huge thanks to Tony for getting my account activated since this is my first post on the site.
jbrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
Kelsea
judge of my domain

Good luck w/ your tournament guys - sounds like a great list of causes to donate to!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
PrincessSlaya!
Just Simply Laura

Wwas wondering if anyone had room for lil ole me? Pm me if u want a female? W

A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can't.

I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok. They know me here.

http://www.koahspearguns.com/
PrincessSlaya! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:34 PM   #5
freediver17

Also wondering if anyone competing had room for 2 on their boat. Were both freedivers and however unfortunate it may be...males. Pm me if you have any room. Split costs is a given
freediver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #6
wvandeman
FSDA Freedive chair

freediver 17, PM sent. Does anyone else need a ride or shooters on Gulf Coast, East Coast or Keys?
wvandeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:57 AM   #7
Shoot2Thrill

TBSC Challenge KicK-off Party this Week - Wednesday 3/30

Over the past couple weeks everyone's been talking about the annual Party held to Kick-off the TBSC Challenge. Once again the FREE BEER is paid for by TBSC and our buddies the SPUCs (thanks St. Pete Underwater Club).

DON'T MISS THE FUN. EVERYONE IS INVITED. IT'S ALSO A GREAT TIME TO HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN THE RAFFLES. We are raffling off a Custom Deathstick, and more..

Party starts at Winghouse on Pinellas Park starting at 8pm and goes until ???
http://www.winghouse.com/winghouse-l...-park-florida/

For those who want to register early and save money and get a Free tournament Collectors shirt, this will be an convenient way for you to get that done. Hope to See You Wednesday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	winghouse.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	147842
Old 04-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #8
Shoot2Thrill

Re: TBSC Challenge KicK-off Party this Week - Wednesday 3/30

Thanks to everyone who made it out to the kick-off party Wednesday night! It was a huge success, we saw a lot of new faces and had a record number of pre-registrations!! There is no doubt that this years TBSC Spearfishing Challenge is going to be our largest event yet with a prize table that will totally blow away all the previous years! We also raised a bunch of money for the FRA via the deathstick and E-Sea Rider raffle already, as well as the DiveCare raffle for the Personal Beacon and a one of a kind Bill Woo original painting of a grouper. There are still several more opportunities to buy tickets coming up. We'll get some pics up very soon and update the raffle thread as well. Thanks to all the raffle volunteers and Derek and the ladies at the Winghouse for being such a great host!