Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Announcements and Rules > Spearboard Announcements and Rules

Spearboard Announcements and Rules Check here for annoucements on things that would interest spearfishermen, including seminars or other events

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 88 votes, 2.76 average. Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #136
spear4less

Re: Welcome Lurkers!

Hello fellow divers. Spear4less is a new spearfishing and freediving retailer in Montclair, CA. We recently acquired the websites from another store who went out of business and are now working on revamping them. We look forward to diving and chatting with you all and hope to sponsor plenty of events and this forum!

http://www.spear4less.com

http://www.riffespeargear.com

Follow Us on Facebook!
spear4less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:07 PM   #137
Njshooter

Hello
My name is Kevin from ocean co nj. Spend alot of time spearfishing with the monmouth cocrew. Hooked on spearfishing!!!!i scuba and freedive but latley have just been freediving. Have a biller gun now soon to have a Mako!
thanks
Njshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:13 PM   #138
searoy

long time lurker, first time poster.

been diving for years in so cal (san diego, newport, catalina)... never seem to have an epic day to post like some- but this year will be different!

I look forward to helping post conditions reports at least... hopefully with a few trophy shots in between!

Thanks to everyone who contributes reports and pics!
searoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:20 AM   #139
tomcruise2075

Excellent tips. Really useful stuff .Never had an idea about this, will look for more of such informative posts from your side.. Good job...Keep it up
Old 03-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #140
Lee Slikkers

New to Spearboard & new to spearfishing. I was Scuba certified many years ago but let it lapse...I hope to get back into the sport soon but will likely start out free-diving here in Michigan until that time. I have 2 young boys, 12 & 9, and they are looking forward to the excitement.

I've been reading like mad on this forum and learning tons as I go...great job on a great resource for those entering/reentering the sport.

Thanks!

Lee
Lee Slikkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #141
ntfdddiver
RussfromReno

Fiqured it was time to quit lurking/passing by and say hello. Hang out on the NCUH and NCKA sites usually. Hit this site when looking for more info and usually find it. So Thanks. Live in the desert, work in the moutains, but Live for the Ocean. Freedivin'Spearn'Abn'Surfn' 45+ yrs. Driving my Life away but having too much fun to complain. Know a lot you already so I'll see you OTW/ITW. RussfromReno
ntfdddiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #142
Molalla Mike

Like the many before me in this thread I lurked for a weekend now I want in. Went out freedive spearin for the first time yesterday.
Molalla Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #143
jfjf

Welcome! Mike!
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:52 PM   #144
Newreef15

lurked this site for about a hour before i decided i had to join lol
Newreef15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #145
1911Diver

So i finally got around to making a profile, long time lurker and time to contribute to the community like so many have already.
1911Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #146
Ddubs78

Hey guys, just started spearfishing a couple of months ago down in key west. Love it! Wanted to stop lurking and participate.
Ddubs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #147
dopesoup

California newbie here. Just wanted to say hello. Pretty much new to spear/free dive. If anyone wants to show a rookie the ropes send me a line.

Derek
dopesoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #148
mc diver 36

Thumbs up Re: Welcome Lurkers!

hello fellow spearos!
This is my first post after a long time being a registerd lurker.Im so glad I found this website!over the last 6-8 mos. I have learned alot about mods.,etc.from the search.truly an invaluble tool!

the mc diver comes from the knickname my wife gave me because Im
always making/modifing my dive gear ,I thougt I was innovative,but ive seen pretty much everything on sb ,you know,the boat fender float,etc.well im rambling!

I live in key west,and love freediving the patch reefs and such right off higgs beach. Up until now,ive been diving out of a 14 ft kayak,but me and a friend are putting together a21 ft "manatee" with a 150 merc. so I cant wait to venture further out!Still got some pretty sweet hogs ,blacks,reds and even a small cobia,38 inces, off the kayak.my breathhold isnt the greatest;but im working on it .Ive been spearfishing about 5 yrs,the last two,hopelessly addicted.I love it!
so all in all thaks to everyone putting positive stuff here,the combined knowledge and experience is an awsome thing to be able to research!
mc diver 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #149
tsunami7

Greetings,

Been on/off lurker for years. Glad to join in the party.
tsunami7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #150
otherxendxup
Dustin

Hello all,

My name is Dustin, I registered last week, Lurked for a few days and have decided to go ahead and start posting. I live in Key West, I get out on the water almost every weekend as long as the weather cooperates. I used to spear out of a canoe with my girlfriend, or anyone else i could convince to help me paddle. At that time I was spearing the patch reef areas right off higgs and smathers, because that was as far as i could safely go in a canoe. As of 4 months ago I purchased a 17foot scout, so my range has increased drastically. I'll wrap this up by saying I am extremely impressed with Spearboard and look forward to meeting more local people that share my same interests, as i currently only know 3 other people in my circle of friends that spearfish.
otherxendxup is offline   Reply With Quote