Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 03-13-2020, 11:04 AM   #46
Lompoc Local
Errin

Re: Some Thoughts on Financial Survival

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hughes View Post
Wow, you know how I KNOW there is a God Errin? Because I actually feel compassion for you. I'm going to pray for you right now.
Thanks buddy this heathen will take all the help I can get!

Lompoc Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 12:10 PM   #47
Bob Ballew

Ode to Toilet paper...My wife, the accountant, just informed me we have passed the most critical juncture in the virus outbreak..It seems that after her precise and documented toilet paper count, we have enough to last until July 4th...However, that is subject to a 50 percent reduction should the kids come to visit for 2 days...and, why is it, that as adults, they still can't replace a toilet paper roll on the wall after using all of it? Did we fail as parents???

While you can't take your money with you on leaving this earth, you can do a hell of a lot of good with it, while you are here...a useful Ballew pundit?

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 03-13-2020 at 12:54 PM.
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 03:48 PM   #48
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ballew View Post
Ode to Toilet paper...My wife, the accountant, just informed me we have passed the most critical juncture in the virus outbreak..It seems that after her precise and documented toilet paper count, we have enough to last until July 4th...However, that is subject to a 50 percent reduction should the kids come to visit for 2 days...and, why is it, that as adults, they still can't replace a toilet paper roll on the wall after using all of it? Did we fail as parents???

While you can't take your money with you on leaving this earth, you can do a hell of a lot of good with it, while you are here...a useful Ballew pundit?
I bought a cheap mechanical bidet. It took ~10 minutes to attach to the toilet. Damn good value.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:11 PM   #49
Bob Ballew

,,,Interesting that you mentioned bidets...They are selling like hotcakes now. Perhaps, a better stock investment than toilet paper?....My emergency backup plan is old Sears catalogs and corncobs.....:P

"The best way to invest, is to zig when others zag"...Warren Buffet, the Oracle of Omaha

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 03-13-2020 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-14-2020, 01:09 AM   #50
carrasco

Corncobs? Man you go deep!

No sea menso mijo, no sea menso!!!!!
carrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:32 AM   #51
tommy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntersmoon View Post
Nothing from China is of quality, and doesn’t last very long. This will be over in a few weeks.
.... Perfect
Old 03-14-2020, 10:34 AM   #52
tommy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ballew View Post

Did she calculate the "Diarrhea" factor in the advent someone gets it? Could be a game changer in the TP stock supplies
Old 03-14-2020, 10:38 AM   #53
Bob Ballew

Sears thinks of everything....the pages are easily detachable....and, as a bonus, you can view the tool section while waiting for things to happen..
Old 03-14-2020, 11:09 AM   #54
Marcus

CVS receipts work good, too.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 03-14-2020, 01:58 PM   #55
tommy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
CVS receipts work good, too.
What not fortunes from fortune cookies!??
Old 03-14-2020, 01:59 PM   #56
tommy7

Because no one really cares about the "Testing" thread, I made another post there. Hahaha
Old 03-14-2020, 04:48 PM   #57
Pfish

Here is the key to success....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Corona.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	245137  
Old 03-14-2020, 05:08 PM   #58
Bob Ballew

Me, I have become side-tracked from investing to investigating the run on toilet paper..a communist plot?...Looking at the psychology involved, it seems that toilet paper is all that remains sacred these days..A massive hoarding allows us dignity, independence and ensures we don't have to split it up into much dreaded one-ply sections when times get rough (a pun)...It elevates our humanity from the animal world. It offers comfort and security...soft and strong..all that we crave currently...
...So, invest wisely and like us, you too, can afford to buy three-ply with names like, "Ultra plush", "Angel soft" and "Comfort care".....Besides, if the Good Wife and I get shipped off to the undertakers, we want to go with clean butts...Otherwise, it could be downright embarrassing......

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 03-14-2020 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:39 PM   #59
Marcus

I bought some 1 ply one time and got in touch with my inner self...when my finger tore thru.
Seriously, 1 ply is the most economical, especially if you've got kids in the house. You just double it over several times.
The lunacy has hit my small town in Tampa Bay. Toilet paper has been cleaned out of my local grocer. I still can't wrap my brain around that this is the first thing the sheeple decide to hoard. One can always get their ass washed. It's not like TP is a necessity...like, per say...food! I'll likely be buying some xtra dried beans and can goods tomorrow before the idiots arrive in the next stamped when the MSM tells them that the food is running out. FFS, the stupidness hurts.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:24 PM   #60
tommy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfish View Post
Here is the key to success....
OUCH!