Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 09-03-2020, 01:25 AM   #1
Bob Ballew

Massive Schools of Bluefin at SCI: 9/2/20

...The full moon brought the tuna out to play and feed on microbait. Frustrating as hell for the hook and line guys watching massive schools of 30 to 50 lb. Bluefin busting the surface with no bites on bait or jigs for the most part.
...The best action is out about 5 miles behind San Clemente island. Seems the big boys come up late afternoon if you want to chase a trophy size fish.
...More dorado coming up this way also. September is looking fine...Good luck

The All-Tackle World Record for Dorado: 87 lbs., Costa Rica, 1976; the CA Record is 66 lbs., 209 Spot; 1990

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 09-03-2020 at 04:33 PM.
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 05:34 PM   #2
swanny

Re: Massive Schools of Bluefin at SCI: 9/2/20

Is this just hearsay by way of a recycled BD report or do you actually have first hand knowledge when posting these reports? I appreciate solid intel, as I'm sure others do too, but it often seems that you just pull info from elsewhere on the web and insert here which should be disclosed to those who may rely on your intel.
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 04:36 PM   #3
Bob Ballew

For what it is worth, three actual sportboat captains and some crew members are personal friends of mine and I confirm info with them if I have any doubts. I receive info before it gets posted online, as they often call me or fire off an e-mail to keep me abreast of happenings...I have friends on BD also, as I go way back in the sport and commercial fishing industry...I have to walk a thin line on posting, as they have asked me to wait a couple of days to post info, so they can fill their charter spots and have a chance at limits before divers jump into their area of fish..
... But, this whole trying to post useful info thing has become a mess to deal with, due to asshole critics, so, like all my old time friends, I may stop posting and save myself a whole lot of bullshit to deal with....I have more valuable things to do with my time...like, go diving and fishing based on the most up to date and reliable info out there.......Hell, if you look back, you can see I predicted the full moon bluefin action a couple of weeks ago in a prior post..it's not rocket science by any means....me, I am just a messenger boy... .Anyway, good luck at landing a big one....

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 09-04-2020 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:54 PM   #4
carrasco

I saw a 150# bluefin brought in to Davies Launch ramp yesterday. The fish are out there alright!!

No sea menso mijo, no sea menso!!!!!
carrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:58 AM   #5
Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Is this just hearsay by way of a recycled BD report or do you actually have first hand knowledge when posting these reports? I appreciate solid intel, as I'm sure others do too, but it often seems that you just pull info from elsewhere on the web and insert here which should be disclosed to those who may rely on your intel.
Questioning THE BOB BALLEW on his reports he's been giving for at least the past decade? Haha oh man what is this new generation coming to
Sorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 01:43 PM   #6
mikelb

Easy 100+#'s brought into Channel Islands this week......
Old 09-11-2020, 10:30 PM   #7
donny
<"))))><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ballew View Post
....I have more valuable things to do with my time...like, go diving and fishing based on the most up to date and reliable info out there...
I highly doubt that... I double dog dare you to go fishing and post a report about your own trip and include a picture. 10x points for a speared fish.
donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 01:30 PM   #8
Bob Ballew

and, what would a speared fish photo prove?...I have probably landed more game fish in my life time than you have seen...I don't have to prove myself to anyone at this point in life..doubt all you want..I don't give a damn..............anyway...what qualifies you to be a critic? More pot stirring from the other site perhaps? You boys should either post something positive on Spearboard or go back where you came from...ad infinum...(see a dictionary if you don't know what it means)...
Old 09-12-2020, 06:01 PM   #9
John Hughes
wsb....I'm over it!

You're the BEST Bob. All we have to do is ask YOU. Oh wait, we don't even have to do that, we just sit around and let you tell US.
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10
John Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 11:49 PM   #10
Bob Ballew

ahhh, now, you get it...late but better late than never...
Old 09-13-2020, 12:30 PM   #11
NorCal Spearo

Thanks for the info.
Very generous of you to pass on this info, sounds like a bit of a swim from shore.