Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Miami and The Florida Keys

Miami and The Florida Keys Have a report, or want to discuss spearing in Miami or the Keys? Post here!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 01-26-2015, 06:25 PM   #76
outlaw.dvr

Re: Don't Understand???

Just wondering is it legal for tourist to spearfish in Belize again last I heard spearfishing by tourist had been banned and yes i called the Belize government out of disbelief around 2009 I think.
outlaw.dvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:28 PM   #77
skinneej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland Key View Post
kmoose:

Yes, a dead fish is a dead fish and it should not matter how it is taken as long as it is within legal limits and quotas are not exceeded. However, if there is an unacceptable level of bycatch, lost gear and habitat damage associated with the harvest--then it does matter--and that is the problem I have with fish traps.

Spearfishing, freediving or with tanks, has none of these problems.
Spot on!

For every freediver spearo wanting to ban scuba spearing, there are 10 fishermen that want to ban all spearfishing. And for every fisherman that wants to ban spearfishing, there are 100 enviros who want you to stop killing any fish. Maybe we should use our brains and stick together.

I agree with you though. Fish traps aren't much better than longlines, and nets. They are WMDs in the fishery.
skinneej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:30 PM   #78
skinneej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespearfishing View Post
I had a post up on this Thread and some body locked it? why and how do they lock it? is it because the divers that spearfish get offended cuz we call them out about the sport itself........scuba diving and spearfishing is not a sport and where I'm from is illegal and for obvious reasons!! and if people can't understand that then they probably shouldn't be spearfishing expecially cuz its not even a sport that way , jus killing out the sea! i seen a show on tv and these people have tanks on are killing out the sea at crazy rates and are hella proud on catching fish when its jus cheating when u have a tank on.....do it real and do it how its suppose to be done or don't do it at all and i think i speak for a lot of these real spear fishing people out here!!! like this post if u agree or even if u think its real, if not i expect people to hate like they did on my last post and locked it cuz they can't handle the truth!!
Do you use a spear gun or a pole spear?
skinneej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:36 PM   #79
jackpine savage
Kill your food

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinneej View Post
Dynamite?
Old 01-28-2015, 03:49 PM   #80
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinneej View Post
Hopefully, a sharp stick w/ no mask, weights, or fins...otherwise, he's just a hypocrite.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:30 PM   #81
agbiv
Spear, cook, and eat fish

Blowgun with poison darts?
Old 01-28-2015, 08:43 PM   #82
Nathan Florian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespearfishing View Post
I had a post up on this Thread and some body locked it? why and how do they lock it? is it because the divers that spearfish get offended cuz we call them out about the sport itself........scuba diving and spearfishing is not a sport and where I'm from is illegal and for obvious reasons!! and if people can't understand that then they probably shouldn't be spearfishing expecially cuz its not even a sport that way , jus killing out the sea! i seen a show on tv and these people have tanks on are killing out the sea at crazy rates and are hella proud on catching fish when its jus cheating when u have a tank on.....do it real and do it how its suppose to be done or don't do it at all and i think i speak for a lot of these real spear fishing people out here!!! like this post if u agree or even if u think its real, if not i expect people to hate like they did on my last post and locked it cuz they can't handle the truth!!

This guy must be a fan of Michael Moore.....
Nathan Florian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:12 AM   #83
kwyoungspear

Why is this thread in the Florida Keys/Miami Section?
Old 01-29-2015, 11:42 AM   #84
JDSapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyoungspear View Post
Why is this thread in the Florida Keys/Miami Section?
90% of video's with people tank diving are in FL waters? Just a guess.
JDSapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:11 PM   #85
TheMackDaddy
hoos your daddy?

What it all stems from is jealousy. This guy is jealous that people have enough money to go scuba diving and that they shoot giant fish when they do so. This guy obviously doesn't get big fish, and sucks and spearfishing....and he just wants someone to blame it on....so he blames the scuba divers for "killing all the fish and not leaving any for him"
TheMackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:15 PM   #86
TheMackDaddy
hoos your daddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
Crying foul by the mediocre is nothing new.... if you suck at fishing it always seems to be somebody elses fault.
exactly i guess someone already pointed out my point
TheMackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:01 AM   #87
Summerland Key

If this guy was actually worried about the condition of the resource, then why is he not lobbying his corrupt government fisheries officials to stop allowing Jamician fish trap operations from setting up in Belize. The Jamacians are only interested in Belize because they have fished out their own waters, and surrounding banks, with -- you guessed it -- fish traps.
So, let's prohibit spearfishing with scuba gear -- that will solve the problem -- seems to be his logic.
At one point in the not too distant past the US allowed sinknets, trawling, wire fish traps and bottom longlines to be used in the shallow water grouper/snapper fisheries. All those non selective and habitat destructive gear types were eventually banned, but spearfishing on scuba is still allowed for several reasons -- it is selective -- produces little to no bycatch, does not damage the bottom, and there is absolutely no lost gear problem.
I understand overfishing concerns, but in the case with our friend from Belize -- his concerns and solutions are misplaced.
Summerland Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:47 AM   #88
Impaler Spearguns
Sponsor

please stop responding to this thread- it needs to die
I think it was a trolling expedition and we are STILL falling for it
almost no-one is REALLY THAT stupid- he is just baiting us
Old 02-17-2015, 09:45 AM   #89
KILLIAN
from lurker to legend...

Ahh! You do understand baiting and toying with emotions. I 5 thought all that sunshine washed away your ability to identify when your being played like a fiddle! Good eye

I jumped on this thread in the second post to help spin this troll into a mad fury of troll rage and has blossomed into what we ha e today. Lmfao

Trolls gonna troll
Haters gonna hate.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:20 AM   #90
Summerland Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impaler Spearguns View Post
please stop responding to this thread- it needs to die
I think it was a trolling expedition and we are STILL falling for it
almost no-one is REALLY THAT stupid- he is just baiting us

I don't think I am falling for a trolling expedition, but I am using this thread as a chance to expose the faulty logic that many seem to have about spearfishing on scuba.

Alot of people read these posts who definitely think freediving should be the only means legal to spearfish. Others feel that hook and line should be the only gear allowed. I don't hear any claim spearfishing with scuba should be the only method allowed to harvest fish -- seems like the scuba group might be a little more tolerant than these other groups?

Also, I am getting tired of hearing about all these other countries that have banned spearfishing on scuba, but still allow all sorts of damaging gear types, like fish traps and bottom long lines, to be used.
Summerland Key is offline   Reply With Quote