Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States A forum for the states of New York and New Jersey to better define the highly populated eastern US coast

Old 10-09-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
Jspear57

CC Whaler at Fishtails Saturday?

Was out on an overnight canyon trip up at block canyon and saw about a 25' cc boston whaler with guys diving on a big floating tree. Was that anyone from on here? We trolled past when guys were in the water and we could see huge schools of mahi and other fish underneath. Just wondering how things turned out?
Jspear57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #2
Ripdiver

Re: CC Whaler at Fishtails Saturday?

Sounds like Ridge Runner
Ripdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
Intaugnito
Anti-Kabote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspear57 View Post
Was out on an overnight canyon trip up at block canyon and saw about a 25' cc boston whaler with guys diving on a big floating tree. Was that anyone from on here? We trolled past when guys were in the water and we could see huge schools of mahi and other fish underneath. Just wondering how things turned out?
Got the fishing report? Were were at the Wilmington, got 2 YF, a sword, a mahi. Suited up at 730am to jump in on the chunk and a 12' tiger surfaced twice, had to move and start over, they didnt show.
Intaugnito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:18 AM   #4
Jspear57

We went fri/sat hoping to beat the weekend fleet. We were split between either going to the spencer or north because we had good reports from both but after a call from a guy out of montauk we decided to make the trip north. Had great blue water with a decent temp break and tons of bait. Ended up getting 3yf, 6 lf, and 6 mahi. Also had a small mako and a mystery bite on a sword rod. Not terrible but would have liked a more productive trip especially after running 140mi each way.

I would have loved to jump in but the way the trip panned out things just didnt come together for getting in the water.

Any size to the yf or sword?
Old 10-10-2011, 09:07 AM   #5
Intaugnito
Anti-Kabote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspear57 View Post
Any size to the yf or sword?
No, and, no. But it was Randys 1st for both, very cool to say the least. My dad and cuz crushed them at Spencer on thurs/fri. So we went there 1st. We arrived at 730pm and there was at least 120 boats, I've never seen anything like it. We steamed south to wilmington and there was less than 10 of us all nite. What kinda time did you make the 140m in?
Intaugnito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #6
Jspear57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intaugnito View Post
No, and, no. But it was Randys 1st for both, very cool to say the least. My dad and cuz crushed them at Spencer on thurs/fri. So we went there 1st. We arrived at 730pm and there was at least 120 boats, I've never seen anything like it. We steamed south to wilmington and there was less than 10 of us all nite. What kinda time did you make the 140m in?
Nice congrats to him on the 1sts. Now the next ones just have to be bigger and badder.

I think we did it in around 5, 5 1/2. It was a little snotty at first blowing NE. We did about 24kts into 6ft head sea and then as it flattened out we cruised at 32kts so it wasnt bad especially since we were fishing a 61' blackwell. Going 40mph in a boat that big is pretty unreal. Making trips to the hudson is awesome because it can take less than 3 hours on a good day of riding in style.

Ripdiver- Do you know the guys from ridge runner, are they on here? Im curious to hear the final tally.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #7
eastenderny

Yeah that was us in the 26' ft center console out of montauk, slaughtered the bull mahi population under that tree, was loaded! A skittish wahoo was making the rounds but never came in close enough. Check out a little vid of what the u/w view was like.. http://www.eastenderny.com/blog/ Friend east ender ny on facebook I'm always posting photos of our trips offshore, enjoy!
eastenderny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #8
waveman1981

Great video, wish i was out there!
waveman1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #9
TIDALMIKE
Long Island NY

Let me pick up my jaw. Great video, thanks for sharing..
TIDALMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #10
Jspear57

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastenderny View Post
Yeah that was us in the 26' ft center console out of montauk, slaughtered the bull mahi population under that tree, was loaded! A skittish wahoo was making the rounds but never came in close enough. Check out a little vid of what the u/w view was like.. http://www.eastenderny.com/blog/ Friend east ender ny on facebook I'm always posting photos of our trips offshore, enjoy!
Thats sick. Love the triple tail hangin out. How big were the mahi. The one in the vid looks like a pretty decent bull.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #11
LeMonstier

Awesome!!
LeMonstier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #12
Jhento

that looks like so much fun - all of it!
Jhento is offline   Reply With Quote