Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 06-21-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
prodro_4

New to Spearboard + Need Buddies!

Hey Everyone,
My names Paul and I am 17 years old and I live in San Diego. I have been diving since I was about 9 or 10 years old with my dad. The thing is, my dad left to Egypt this summer and has left me without a dive buddy. I am also new to Spearboard but it was recommended to me by a couple of divers I took the PFI intermediate course with in Orange County. I am in need of dive buddies in San Diego and even Orange County areas to go diving this summer who have been trained with the PFI intermediate training (sorry Dads last rule before he left). Anyways I mostly dive the La Jolla, Point Loma, or Carlsbad Kelp beds and those are fine but I would like to try some new spots this summer. If anyone wants to go diving I am willing to drive myself to meet you wherever in San Diego and Orange County. Alrighty, hope everyone has a good day and maybe we can get in the water sometime soon. Thanks

Paul
prodro_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
spearwolf
Spearwolf

Re: New to Spearboard + Need Buddies!

You should join the "San Diego Freedivers" club, there is always guys wanting a dive buddy. They also know the good spots. Some will even take you out on their boats for some gas money and anchor puller. You won't be sorry you joined. http://sandiegofreedivers.com/
There's a meeting this coming Monday evening at the brew house.
spearwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
prodro_4

Thanks, I will try to go but I'm 17 am I going to be able to go into the Brewhouse
Old 06-22-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
rhyne

yeah... all ages are welcome. you'll need signed parents permission in order to join but we look forward to seeing ya there. welcome aboard.

Ryan

www.BRINKexpeditions.com - 6-pack Spearfishing, fishing & Custom Charters. San Diego, CA
Your Gateway to What Lie Beyond the Shoreline

www.coroflot.com/RyanSweeney - Apparel Design & Development
rhyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
Ethan kills
OG Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodro_4 View Post
Thanks, I will try to go but I'm 17 am I going to be able to go into the Brewhouse
the brewhouse is a restaurant. Does the pfi course htrain in safety as well as diving? I know gues that have taken that course that still can't hold their breath abd still suck at diving.
Ethan kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
prodro_4

PFI is half safety half diving, I would recommend it to anyone who wants to be a safer diver. When I took the course I got to 100 ft and I held my breath for 4 minutes doing static apnea, my dad held his for 5. It basically shows you what your limits are and gives you a comfort zone in the water. It made me a safer diver and with the right practice of the tools they gave us I will end up a better diver as well.

Also where would I get that permission slip?
Old 06-22-2011, 11:26 AM   #7
spearwolf
Spearwolf

Just have your mom or gardian sign something stating they are giving you permission to go and you can get the rest of the paper work at the meeting. The club is your best bet on having a great and successful free dive time and experience.
spearwolf is offline   Reply With Quote