Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 01-02-2019, 05:38 PM   #181
popgun pete

Re: Has anyone worked on developing speargun sights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wortsmith View Post
We've actually shortened the laser module and added a cowling on the front to protect the glass window. The internals have been improved too. I've send you some photos tomorrow. Joe
Looking forward to seeing them. A Happy and Prosperous New Year to you and all Spearboarders!
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:26 PM   #182
Joe Wortsmith
Joe

Here you go. This photo is Laser Tools Co's complete RT58DC Laser system including the remote trigger, laser module, spacer and target. The remote trigger houses the lithium battery, three position switch, DC to DC converter and connector. The laser module has the green or red laser diode, coated sapphire optics, protective cowling and thermal release sealant. The spacer is used to raise the laser module so the laser beam can shoot over the bands if required. The target is used to sight the laser beam parallel to the shaft while out of water. Everything is waterproof, depth rated to over 300' and design specifically for Spearguns. This includes gold plated and stainless steel battery connections, O ring seals and 3D printed tough resin features to inhibit corrosion. What a life time deal! Now what'd you get for Christmas? Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RT58DC Speargun Laser System.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	241153  
Joe Wortsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 04:58 PM   #183
popgun pete

Quote:
Here you go. This photo is Laser Tools Co's complete RT58DC Laser system including the remote trigger, laser module, spacer and target. The remote trigger houses the lithium battery, three position switch, DC to DC converter and connector. The laser module has the green or red laser diode, coated sapphire optics, protective cowling and thermal release sealant. The spacer is used to raise the laser module so the laser beam can shoot over the bands if required. The target is used to sight the laser beam parallel to the shaft while out of water. Everything is waterproof, depth rated to over 300' and design specifically for Spearguns. This includes gold plated and stainless steel battery connections, O ring seals and 3D printed tough resin features to inhibit corrosion. What a life time deal! Now what'd you get for Christmas? Joe
Looks good and no doubting the quality, but the price? For Christmas I got a LG-Sub Manilu "Revolution" popgun, only a tiddler at 62 cm, but that and u/w camera purchases have pretty well cleaned me out, not to mention the gifts bought for everyone else.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:48 PM   #184
Joe Wortsmith
Joe

The best are usually more expensive and I can save one for you. But you invested in a sexy pneumatic. You know that we have the SG58 that will fit on top of your Revolution and it's only $395.00. It's the perfect reef solution. It a single piece laser module with a brass case that shoots a red laser beam that's less likely to scare the fish. And the brass case will almost match the gold anodized pneumatic tube of your new popper. You'll be the talk of the fish fry! Joe
Attached Files
File Type: xls Underwater Laser Industrial PRICE SHEET Dec 2018.xls (86.5 KB, 71 views)
Old 01-04-2019, 03:13 PM   #185
popgun pete

Quote:
The best are usually more expensive and I can save one for you. But you invested in a sexy pneumatic. You know that we have the SG58 that will fit on top of your Revolution and it's only $395.00. It's the perfect reef solution. It a single piece laser module with a brass case that shoots a red laser beam that's less likely to scare the fish. And the brass case will almost match the gold anodized pneumatic tube of your new popper. You'll be the talk of the fish fry! Joe
Joe I am more interested in something for my longer guns, both pneumatic and band powered. Although I do say so myself I am a crack shot with shorter pneumatics like the LG after decades of shooting them (Ministens and Baby Cyranos, etc.) down on the reef, so there I don't need a laser. I am a pretty good shot with my regular user guns as well, but the laser beam path will help as the fish travel line swings into the gun line and "auto shoot" takes over. Will also help in drilling sitters on the bottom without necessarily lining them up. I downloaded your price list and am looking it over.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:53 PM   #186
Joe Wortsmith
Joe

Ok. Closer the better. I don't get my limit when the battery runs out and the long shots are a guess without a laser probably because I don't get that much practice. I'm a lake popper mostly and the water's too cold now. Look it over and remember that we include a 30 day guaranty and 1 year warranty. Joe
Old 04-28-2019, 02:40 PM   #187
sealark

I would miss 3/4 of my fish if I tried to line up sights. Learn the gun most shots are quick guesses. I am talking about reef or wrecks that are dove on regularly.
sealark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 05:07 PM   #188
Joe Wortsmith
Joe

We have developed a laser sighting system that works well for most shots including deflection shots. All you do is point and shoot. This means that you can see the spot on the fish where the spear is going to penetrate. Deadly accurate. Joe with Laser Tools Co.