Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Buddy Networking -- Let's Go Hunting! > Private Trips -Florida

Private Trips -Florida Here is your area for finding hunting buddies. Have extra room on your boat? Looking for a boat to jump on? Post here!

Old 01-13-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
sitruk1990

Trying to spearfish anywhere near Gainesville

Hey I'm still just getting started freedive spearfishing. I've dove a few wrecks/reefs so far and shot some snapper and grouper. Right now living in Gainesville,FL (year off from college and looking to pick up the sport) . Looking to split gas with anyone thats also freediving anywhere in the state (preferably nearby). Give me a shout
sitruk1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:25 AM   #2
Spearo Life

Re: Trying to spearfish anywhere near Gainesville

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitruk1990 View Post
Hey I'm still just getting started freedive spearfishing. I've dove a few wrecks/reefs so far and shot some snapper and grouper. Right now living in Gainesville,FL (year off from college and looking to pick up the sport) . Looking to split gas with anyone thats also freediving anywhere in the state (preferably nearby). Give me a shout
Since your just getting into the sport I recommend practicing when you can (with someone of course) . You have some sweet Springs within an hour of gainesville. I have a couple of guys I dive with from gainesville, you might be able to catch a ride with them when they head my way to practice. If you are interested PM me your info.
Spearo Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:46 AM   #3
surfnurse311

hey man, have you found anybody to spear with? I live in gainesville and work at Shands. I have been going periodically to the keys with friends to do some free dive spearing on the reefs out there. would love to try to find people in the area as well to spear with.. expecially if they had a boat.
surfnurse311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:44 AM   #4
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Any of you UF guys coming to the keys that needs some help spearing, just hit me up.....ACR right here!!!
Old 04-30-2014, 05:18 AM   #5
Spearo Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnurse311 View Post
hey man, have you found anybody to spear with? I live in gainesville and work at Shands. I have been going periodically to the keys with friends to do some free dive spearing on the reefs out there. would love to try to find people in the area as well to spear with.. expecially if they had a boat.
Have a 25ft world cat with twin Yamaha 150's and have been spearfishing a lot lately on the gulf Coast. There are times we could use another free diver. We also practice in a sweet springs about an hour from gainesville. PM me some information, depth you dive, experience, do you have your own equipment, contact info ect. Welcome, you are in a great central area for both coasts if you're willing to drive a little.
Spearo Life is offline   Reply With Quote