Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-30-2014, 02:38 PM   #76
100days-a-year
Seafood Sifu

Re: Catching Hell

They had to make a "show"Hence the drama.

As has been mentioned a show that truly depicted commercial spearfishing and just the spearing would have been pretty boring to all but a few of us and fewer of the general pop.Not to mention it would be used as propaganda by environuts and fishermen.As silly as some scenes were I'd rather my friends were seen as silly than have them hurt in real accidents.

We watched it every week and enjoyed it even knowing some was contrived and some of the techniques and production in no way resembled what we actually do.I'm happy for those who got a chance to shine.I'd watch a second season in a heartbeat and cheer for the good guys and boo the villains.
100days-a-year is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:13 PM   #77
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100days-a-year View Post
They had to make a "show"Hence the drama.

As has been mentioned a show that truly depicted commercial spearfishing and just the spearing would have been pretty boring to all but a few of us and fewer of the general pop.Not to mention it would be used as propaganda by environuts and fishermen.As silly as some scenes were I'd rather my friends were seen as silly than have them hurt in real accidents.

We watched it every week and enjoyed it even knowing some was contrived and some of the techniques and production in no way resembled what we actually do.I'm happy for those who got a chance to shine.I'd watch a second season in a heartbeat and cheer for the good guys and boo the villains.
Anything that shows spearfishing gets my attention.Drama was a little much but the catches and different dive areas than my usual keys was a nice change.More pretty girls would have raised the ratings.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:42 AM   #78
fishkilla
Slayographer

Send a message via AIM to fishkilla

no season 2. we didn't get the ratings that we needed. the only job i have enjoyed more other than making that show is commercially fishing. this winter and spring i'm going to try and get in the water with the big camera and catch some truly amazing Gulf and Atlantic scenes that me and my commercial buddies have been talking about for some time now.

thank you all for watching and putting up with the contrived drama. we did have some amazing scenes. when i'm allowed i'll try to put up some raw footage that i kept that really was awe inspiring.

there are different underwater projects in the works.

standby

Old 12-02-2014, 08:14 AM   #79
grey2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkilla View Post
no season 2. we didn't get the ratings that we needed. the only job i have enjoyed more other than making that show is commercially fishing. this winter and spring i'm going to try and get in the water with the big camera and catch some truly amazing Gulf and Atlantic scenes that me and my commercial buddies have been talking about for some time now.

thank you all for watching and putting up with the contrived drama. we did have some amazing scenes. when i'm allowed i'll try to put up some raw footage that i kept that really was awe inspiring.

standby

Thanks for the great camera work you did - most of us had a good chuckle at the "contrived drama" - hell, me and the wife made some of the oft-repeated phrases into a drinking game and got royally shit-hammered during most episodes But the cinematography was quite amazing and I just loved seeing areas and places that many of us have gone to being filmed so well.

Thanks for the great camera work you did - most of us had a good chuckle at the "contrived drama" - hell, me and the wife made some of the oft-repeated phrases into a drinking game and got royally shit-hammered during most episodes But the cinematography was quite amazing and I just loved seeing areas and places that many of us have gone to being filmed so well.
grey2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #80
Ali_D_Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkilla View Post

standby

Is there anywhere we can watch the episodes online i would love to watch it
Ali_D_Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:24 PM   #81
jfjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_D_Surgeon View Post
Is there anywhere we can watch the episodes online i would love to watch it
You can see part of the show here. 2:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PKApwUjFPE

Or the trailer here: