Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 09-06-2018, 06:45 PM   #1
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Unhappy RIP - May Burt Reynolds rest in Eternal peace

This is very sad news. I knew Burt Reynolds and really liked him.

In the 1980s he was scouting locations for a new series called BL Stryker and I hosted a lunch for Burt at The Breakers Resort where I was working as a top executive.

We toured the Palm Beach property there with his television crew and I remember taking him up on the roof of the main Breakers building.

Burt Reynolds was a true movie star in my book.

Burt Reynolds Dead: 'Deliverance,' 'Boogie Nights' Star Was 82 | Hollywood Reporter

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-was-82-831093

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 07:44 PM   #2
dreamer

Re: RIP - May Burt Reynolds rest in Eternal peace

smoky n bandit, Gator, both of those prison movies, somebody help me out! God bless Burt Renolds. many good memories of his movies
dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:04 PM   #3
OBLIGATED

When I was a teenager living near Jupiter I would see Mr Reynolds at Log Cabin restaurant at breakfast and Essies Deli pretty often.He acted like a local.Always friendly and down to earth.
I used to hit the spillways in the evenings Snook fishing.When they were filming Bandit 2 I met Jerry Reed at a spillway by Lake Park.He was drinking with some guys and offered me a beer.I went down to the spillway and nothing was popping so I took him up on the offer.I didnt recognize him at first but after talking and several beers later I told him he looked like Jerry Reed.He and his buddies got a good laugh.Guy could drink like people breath air.
This was when double roads on Juno beach was still there and you could still build a fire on the beach.
Met several movie stars in Jupiter because they were either at the Dinner Theater or there to golf.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:46 PM   #4
dreamer

He Trucked that Coors u drank in! East bound n down, loaded up m truckin!
dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:15 AM   #5
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
He Trucked that Coors u drank in! East bound n down, loaded up m truckin!
Actually it was tall cans of Budweiser, Jack Daniels and some Southern Comfort I had in the trunk of my VW Thing.
I was wasted when I left and they were wasted when I got there.Fortunately at the time there was a lot of nothing in that area at the time.I could be surfing by Jupiter inlet and drive 15 minutes west and shoot wild hogs and nobody around.
Double roads in Juno we would have parties right off AIA with kegs and smoking away and nobody cared.Surfing at night with cylume sticks hanging from our necks and sleeping on the beach by a campfire till we sobered up.Nobody bothered us.