Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Recipe Corner > Recipes Here!

Recipes Here! Here's your little corner to demonstrate your culinary skills.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:37 AM   #1
TheKeeneroo

Triggerfish 3-Way Over Rosemary Potatoes

I heard trigger fish was super tasty, so I tried my hand a cooking it after shooting a couple on Sunday (I thought I was only shooting one in the back of a tiny crevice, but ended up having one behind it, so I got 2 for 1). It was surprisingly tasty for just winging it with minimal ingredients and the sauce literally made the whole dish pop. Highly recommend this sauce!

Triggerfish 3 Ways

Cut small red potatoes in 1/4ths and cherry tomatoes in 1/2. Cover in olive oil, italian herbs, salt, pepper and some red pepper flakes. Spread evenly over cookie sheet and bake at 400 for 30 min.

Take fillets and coat in olive oil, then sprinkle salt, pepper and italian herbs (not much). Bake in oven at 400 for about 6min/side at the tail end of the potatoes being finished.

Cut the belly meat from around the fins and coat with flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Heat a high temp oil in pan and melt 1/2 stick of butter in oil. Rough chop about 5 cloves of garlic and drop the large chunks in. Then drop fish in to fry for a very short amount of time.

Let oil cool down some and add the liver in, spooning the oil over the top of it until it's cooked (~1min/side).

Add unflavored plain greek yogurt, lots of dill, juice from 1/4 lemon, salt, pepper, some olive oil and 3 cloves of garlic into a food processor/blender and purify.

Then throw that stuff on a plate and get down with the get down!
TheKeeneroo is offline   Reply With Quote