Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearboard Best Trip Report and/or Video Challenge > 2013 Best Trip Report and/or Video Challenge

2013 Best Trip Report and/or Video Challenge Show us your hottest stuff and win recognition and prizes!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-17-2017, 03:30 AM   #31
anywater

Re: Baja Rules

http://www.freshwaterworlds.com/wp/usa-2017/videos/
Could use a little help promoting this World Spearfishing Event.
Our US team still has opening for women and Juniors and Masters 60+
But our foreign divisions have lots of opening.
Please review the web site above and call me with any questions
I really appreciate the help in passing this on
Mike McGuire
970-216-5902
anywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:52 AM   #32
anywater

Heading down mid Dec to Mulege area in Baja.
If you will be in the area please look me up and we can share some boat trips.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:12 AM   #33
anywater

Looking for Rick from Granit bay
I do a lot of booking on Airbnb and love it, but noticed their service fees by % of sales get pretty high.
So if you would like to deal with me directly here's my phone # 970-216-5902, please plan 6-10 mo in advance.
I usually offer a deal in the summer -Nov. But that went too crazy this year as all the locals took June- Aug and none of my spearo friends got to go.
First 3 weeks in Nov and the first 2 weeks in Dec 2017 are still open for $1000 a week.
Fall-winter can have the clearest water, but as winter sets in the water cools and the wind comes up and can limit your trips out of the bay to 50%
Spring still rocks, warming water, whale sharks, spawning yellow tail, then AJ, then Dorado right into the summer---Michale E even got YFT (yellow fin tuna) and wahoo in Oct. Turns out Oct there is not fall, but late summer and many of the pelagics that won't make it that far north---really do they just take a little longer to get there. Inquire if you need spots. I also have the best panga guy in the region and he and I have logged 100s of new great spots. see this site for Baja pictures:
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6551077...ten&s=x9wNT6kF

And if you're looking for a fun place in Nor Ca for the family--ab diving... try:
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/20999462?s=lTO9bBji

I plan to post some great first hand reports here in the next few months, please post your own here too. Baja is a ton but we can really help each other as a tribe to keep it safe and get the best diving in, Through our own reports on our trips there.
MM
Old 01-27-2018, 02:12 PM   #34
anywater

2018 Winter report from the Mulege area:
Typical winter conditions windy 50 % of the time, cool water, but had some great dives.
We typically dont see a lot of YT there in the winter months, but we ended up with 3 and a big mix of other fish, clams, scallops....
We normally rent our place there for the winters and focus our fishing on spring and summers. This last trip was so nice and warm-- a great break from Co, but the spring still offers so much in this area that I will be back in March.
My recommendation is too also try late summer early winter for warm water, great fish, and no winds: Sept-Nov.
I will run a summer spearo special on my Casita and Villa there June - Spet
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6551077...ten&s=x9wNT6kF
This special is offered only here for those who love Baja or want to really learn it.
Casita for 2, $450 for a week
Villa for 4, $1000 for the week, add another $100 per person for extra people.
This is the perfect getaway for the family and the die-hard divers.
All the diving stuff is all set up with a great boat, capt, and lots of spots for all levels.
Private beach, free kayaks, SUPs, 7 local islands to explore, private natural hot spring rock tub, and the best view in all of Baja. We are off the grid with lots of privacy, but no AC, so pick the months your group can best handle the heat level.
If you have any questions, just call and book direct. Mike 970-216-5902