Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearboard Best Trip Report and/or Video Challenge > 2013 Best Trip Report and/or Video Challenge

2013 Best Trip Report and/or Video Challenge Show us your hottest stuff and win recognition and prizes!

Old 03-12-2018, 06:08 AM   #1
Deeptrouble

Soul Spearfishing Costa Rica

wanted to tell you guys about Soul Spearfishing, just got back from Costa Rica and still kinda buzzing from this place. First and foremost CR is amazing and really safe, everyone was friendly and I didn’t feel out of place like some places in the past. We stayed in Jaco but honestly I should have stayed down in Playa Manta area which is where Armel (owner of Soul) recommends, if you like night life Jaco would be a better choice. The whole crew at Soul was “next level” greeting us with a smile on the beach that never went away, life must be pretty good there as these seemed to have endless stoke and patients. Fish? Yeah they got fish! Our group was not hardcore Bluewater guys and we all got yellowfin tuna, getting dropped into massive schools kinda has that effect, we also did some reef diving where we shot doubles on African pompano, cuberas and amberjack ( double as in TWO fish on one spear) yeah it’s like that. I do wish I was a little better diver as I saw some scary big Cuberas that stayed just outta reach, I think a little more bottom time and depth would have been the trick. In the end they took amazing underwater pictures of us with are fish and prepared sashimi with soy,wasabi and pineapple with a few celebritory brews. Hope you guys get the chance to meet these amazing people and enjoy some world class fishing.
Deeptrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:18 AM   #2
Nix

Re: Soul Spearfishing Costa Rica

Glad you had an excellent time. Armel is definitely the best guy to go with here. He's super nice and has things dialed. Can we see the pics??

Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:13 PM   #3
Deeptrouble

Kind of waiting for pics from all our group and Armel is editing the underwater shots and should send them soon, you can also check his Facebook page, it is insane.
Deeptrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 03:12 PM   #4
Charliex

I was on the trip too. It was a great time. It was very different diving than I am used to. Never the less we all had success. There is a lot of fish there. I believe we had 4 double shots and mine was two 18lb amber jack. I landed by my largest fish 80-90 amber jack. Looking forward to the next trip!
Charliex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 03:15 PM   #5
Charliex

Pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0658.jpg
Views:	885
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	237586   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0638.jpg
Views:	1012
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	237587   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0647.jpg
Views:	884
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	237588  
Charliex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 03:53 PM   #6
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Wow. Great report!
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote