Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Sponsor Announcements! > Manufacturers

Manufacturers Here is info relevant to manufacturers who are sponsors of Spearboard.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:28 PM   #16
rhyne

Re: Introducing Precision Dive Products: Spearo Backpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzz View Post
More constructive advice - not so hot on the foam backpads. They absorb water... & funky smells.
The backpads are made with the same foam used in PFD's to add a little boyancy. It won't keep a bag packed with weight belts afloat of course but may help if one goes overboard while on the lighter side. Either way, it was a better option than the foams that do absorb water and don't add boyancy like you mentioned.

Clip for stringer- there are infinite ways you can clip a stringer, float line and whatever else you'd like to carry to the bag

www.BRINKexpeditions.com - 6-pack Spearfishing, fishing & Custom Charters. San Diego, CA
Your Gateway to What Lie Beyond the Shoreline

www.coroflot.com/RyanSweeney - Apparel Design & Development
rhyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:46 PM   #17
downdiver2
Popping Molly on a daily

Great idea: Trial and error you might use or not. I have used a technique putting a speargun on a backpack mounted very similar to what you are showing and when you are heading up or down a hill the angle causes any gun over 50in to smack the hill side each step. I still use a back pack but now always carry my gun.

I like the grey, it blends in with the rocks when stashing gear

The fin holder on the back is cool.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #18
lidiver

Looks nice, but I'm not fond of how the fins are attacked: the tip of the fin would be exposed when you drop the bag, or if you go downhill and fall on your arse... But mostly when you want to put it down, you would have to muscle it and lay it down horizontaly.

I would suggest adding a open pocket that would accomodate the footpockets right under the same fin straps, and that would allow you to put the fins vertically, footpocket down, not lower that the entire bag.
lidiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #19
rhyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lidiver View Post
Looks nice, but I'm not fond of how the fins are attacked: the tip of the fin would be exposed when you drop the bag, or if you go downhill and fall on your arse... But mostly when you want to put it down, you would have to muscle it and lay it down horizontaly.

I would suggest adding a open pocket that would accomodate the footpockets right under the same fin straps, and that would allow you to put the fins vertically, footpocket down, not lower that the entire bag.
I have actually experimented with a couple other design details similar to what you mentioned and ended up going this route for this product. At this point any design suggestions will be considered as valuable feedback for future products. It is possible to place the fins foot pocket down if the same straps that are used to hold the gun in place are used to attach to the foot pocket. We will have extra straps available for purchase.

www.BRINKexpeditions.com - 6-pack Spearfishing, fishing & Custom Charters. San Diego, CA

Old 02-22-2010, 02:39 PM   #20
bluesquids
bluesquids

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyne View Post
The theft issue is one I haven't come up with a design solution for quite yet....
How about a secure attachment for a bicycle lock? My kayak wheels have a welded circle just for that purpose and I leave them locked up all the time.

Also a luggage tag....so you can leave a note in it saying...." Don't steal my stuff! I'm in the water with a loaded speargun aimed at your Ass!"
============
Where is my mind?
Waay out in the water, see it swimmin'.
- The Pixies
bluesquids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:06 PM   #21
rhyne

Bluesquids... the bicycle lock is a great idea...and yes, there are MANY loop holes/grab handles that would be easy to thread a cable lock thru.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:53 PM   #22
Spearo56
Water is still wet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyne View Post
The backpads are made with the same foam used in PFD's to add a little boyancy. It won't keep a bag packed with weight belts afloat of course but may help if one goes overboard while on the lighter side. Either way, it was a better option than the foams that do absorb water and don't add boyancy like you mentioned.

Clip for stringer- there are infinite ways you can clip a stringer, float line and whatever else you'd like to carry to the bag
I dont think I have ever run across a PFD that didnt have a funky smell though

Can you clip it around a rescue can?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepshead View Post
It needs a good dose of fish blood every week. Just put it in the ocean, it knows what to do.
BORN BRED AND SALTWATER FED

Aimrite Venom Comp 100 w/RA reel
Omer Cayman HF 90
Riffe Comp 2x
RA 90
Omer Cayman 45
Custom bubba mid handle 40"
6ft crist
Spearo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:45 PM   #23
MOTO 619
Brian S.

My backpack that was ordered showed up today. Nice!

First thing that comes to mind is, this thing will help assure your spot on a buddies/strangers boat over the next guy.

Nothing worse than a guy who has gear scattered all over, "-here's my weight belt, -here's my knife and gloves, -here's my booties and mask, -here'e my fins, -here's my gun, -here let me hand you my floatline and stringer, -here's my towel and sunscreen, -lastly let me pass you my lunch and water..." You get the point.

And HUGE travel gun/gear multi-day Baja expedition packs just take up to much space and are not needed on those day runs we most often do.

Luck - When Preparation Meets Opportunity
MOTO 619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #24
rhyne

Nice man! Thanks for playing test dummy on the 1st official order processed... Although Marco in Miami got the 1st one shipped. Glad it all went down smoothly... and so glad they're ready to ship!

Last edited by rhyne; 06-25-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #25
cvbeam
Chas

I was already pretty stoked on the pack, not so much for traveling down to the beach, but more so for just making one trip to my car or a buddies car.
But I am even more stoked that I won one of these backpacks at the San Diego Freedivers meeting.

As stated above I do not hike much to the beach with my gear, but suit up at the car. But in the event that I have family in town and we go to the beach for the day this pack is perfect.

I used the pack last week and for the first time made only one trip from my house to my car, and transferred only one pack from my car to a buddies car.

What was in the pack:
In the bottom compartment w/ drainage holes:
-weight belt
-knife
-gloves
-booties
-game bag / stringer
Main compartment:
-mask
-snorkel
-2 towels
-wetsuit top and bottom
-wetsuit lube
-fishing license
Attached to the outside:
-fins
-float line (stuffed under fins)
-water bottle
In hand:
-Polespear, as it is a little more cumbersome to attach then a gun

Overall the pack fits every piece of equipment needed for a dive.

Also after the dive, and everything dried I just loaded the pack with all my gear. This way I can just pick up the pack on the way to work or on short notice and be sure I have all my gear.

After using this pack once, I am sure that I will use this piece of gear every time I dive. Either on the way to the car, a buddies car, the beach, or a boat.

The only modification I might recommend has already been addressed, and that was that the fin blades do take some weight when taking the backpack off. This is not a problem as long as I remember to place the pack on its side, it is also not a problem for me as I have the Gara 3000's and I beat them up. Might be an issue with CF blades.
cvbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #26
Gamble
NATIVE

Got mine today and I must say I'm VERY impressed!!!!! Here in FL we don't have any cliffs to hike down but this is a VAST improvement for boat diving over my $11.00 walmart laundry basket with wheels.

Thanks for manufacturing a truly innovative product for spearfishing. I'll be doing a two page spread in the magazine once I do a few trips with it.
Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote