Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2018 Tournament and Event Archives > 2018 The Blue Wild Expo - April 14-15, 2018

2018 The Blue Wild Expo - April 14-15, 2018 This is a world-class spearfishing, diving and water sports event with 1,000s of participants at the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:13 PM   #1
TheBlueWildExpo

The Blue Wild 2018 -- April 14-15

The Blue Wild returns to the Broward County Convention Center on April 14-15, 2018. Spanning 65,000 square feet, the indoor event attracts upwards of 5,000 attendees and over 150 exhibitors specializing in freediving, scuba, spearfishing, lobstering, H&L fishing, paddle-boarding, adventure travel, and more. The event also features one of the most extensive marine art and underwater photography exhibits in the country.

Seminars and hands-on Workshops are scheduled throughout the weekend and open to anyone who wants to attend. Seminars include presentations by world-class freedivers, spearos, fishermen, photographers, videographers, and the US Coast Guard. Workshops topics include band-tying, how to make a flasher, how to cross to the Bahamas, knot tying, fish filleting, yoga for divers, and more. A new Lionfish Pavilion will have demos on filleting and preparation, along with lionfish ceviche sampling. The popular Kids Zone will offer free face painting, art classes, and crab races – something for the whole family. For marine art fans, we have one of the country’s most impressive collections -- from the world-renowned to the local scene with artists such as Carey Chen, Pascal Lecocq, Michelle Brener, and many more. This year, we are adding a more extensive fishing section which includes Shimano, Custom Rod & Reel, Connley Fishing, Florida Sport Fishing, and more.

Returning exhibitors include Austin’s, OMER, Mares, PADI, Headhunter, DiveR, Maverick, Chaos Fishing, Florida Freedivers, Dixie Divers, Wong Spearguns, and many more. The Expo is pleased to welcome several new exhibitors such as International Spearfishing Academy, SeaHunter Boats, Laser Tools Co, Reel Addictive Charters, Sporty Girl Apparel, and Scubotics. Adding to the excitement, the Expo also has state-of-the-art water toys, kayaks, and Contender Boats. Special thanks to our major sponsors: Flanigan's, Contender, PADI, Papa's Pilar, and Wong Spearguns.

The show is known for its high-energy crowds and fun vibe. Entry is $20 at the door and includes a free goodie bag (while supplies last) and free entry to the Saturday night After-Party at the Fort Lauderdale Beach Courtyard Marriott. For more information, visit www.TheBlueWild.com where you can check out video from last year.
TheBlueWildExpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:15 PM   #2
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Cool Re: The Blue Wild 2018 -- April 14-15

Spearboard is a proud sponsor of the excellent Blue Wild Expo every year.

Here is a link to over 500 photo images I took at the 2017 Blue Wild last month for everyone to enjoy.

WOW! 2017 Blue Wild Success - Check Out These Photos!

http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=193401

I'm looking forward to another fun expo this year.

Thanks for doing this Sheri.

Tony
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:52 PM   #3
JohnAndrew
@spearingdestin

Re: The Blue Wild 2018 -- April 14-15

Cool pics! Thanks for sharing them.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:16 AM   #4
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Cool Re: The Blue Wild 2018 -- April 14-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
Cool pics! Thanks for sharing them.
You are welcome John.

The Blue Wild is happening this weekend.

I hope to see you there. Tony
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:46 AM   #5
jfjf

Anyone going? I’m not sure which day I’m going.
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:28 PM   #6
sacha58

I'll go Saturday, may be Sunday too...

www.c4carbon.com
www.palmbeachfreedivers.com
www.flfreedivers.com
www.polosub.com

sacha58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:42 PM   #7
jfjf

Unfortunately I missed it. Any board members go? I’m curious to hear about the show
Old 04-19-2018, 07:49 PM   #8
Johnoly
Big Time Bug Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
.. I’m curious to hear about the show
I worked it both days.

Much busier than last year, but it helps that it was 3-5's in the gulf & Keys & east coast. Met a TON of friends and laughed alot. Like every show, somethings made you scratch your head, but also there was some cool stuff and much more diversified this year. Some of the hook and line booths really know about fish movements and great to compare notes. Only hit 2 seminars,, the lasers and the rollers (but ran in and stole a sample of Angie's lionfish ceviche seminar, delish!)

The auction/raffle tables were packed with great quality prizes and Sheri, Josh, Dave, & CJ {& others} busted there butts to make that run smooth. Also security measures were quadrupled this year and it was very much appreciated. Vendor load in and load out was very quick this year and easy. 2 of our guys said the $10 beef sandwiches were well worth it for lunch. Our teardown was 90 minutes and on the road. Just my own personal opinion, but still wish the show could be held in February when it's always crappy dive weather, because it really made a huge difference in attendance this weekend. Again,,, Team Blue Wild knocked it out of the ball park for this year's show !!
Old 04-19-2018, 07:59 PM   #9
jfjf

Thanks for the great report!