Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 09-25-2003, 08:58 AM   #16
Mark Blanchette

I could use the handicapped spots but don't because others need it more. With some of the people who have the stickers, it appears their only problem is being overweight. They should walk from the back of the parking lot.
Mark Blanchette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 04:45 PM   #17
f94gator

I'm with you 100%, Mark. The fatties are the last ones that need a sticker. They need the walk from the back row far more.

I know 2 people like that. One used to work with me; our office building is 1 story with 1800 people; it's very wide and long. She could walk all over the building all day long, yet just had to have a space close to the entrance. How is that?
f94gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 05:35 PM   #18
Mark Blanchette

I never confront those people because I don't think it would do any good and I'm not qualified to be anyone's judge but it sure feels good to publicly express my opinion about them.
Mark Blanchette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 08:19 PM   #19
Cock's Roost

Send a message via AIM to Cock's Roost
I am going to play the devils advocate and ramble for a minute. While all of your sentiments are dead on, he is a young kid with a lot on his shoulders. While some of you might not agree with that statement, it is true. I might also ask who here has never done the wrong thing. Also he was on a college campus do you guys remember what that was like, go to USF one day and try to find a place to park.

While you are correct about the money, does that make him a lesser person. Our require him to live his life without mistakes? Just because they put it on the news does not mean it is 100%. Two teachers raised me, I even taught myself for a while. My little brother is in the process of becoming a firefighter and I cannot count how many of my close friends are in law enforcement or firefighting. The reason they do it is not for the money it is that God blessed us with people who were willing to sacrifice for the rest of us. The reason this issue hits close to home is that I was arrested once for a crime I did not comment. Which literally caused the sky to fall from the sky; everyone was all over me. They judged me with only half the truth. In closing if, you believe half of what is reported on the news or in the paper, you are doing your self a disservice. Remember what Pastor Rick taught me "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Sorry for rambling

Last edited by Platypus; 07-03-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Cock's Roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 01:22 AM   #20
Prodigal Son

CR, I think the issue isn't so much that we, or anyone else, are making him a "lesser" person, but he clearly seems to view everyone else as somehow lesser than him. Sadly, his actions speak very loudly about this. Some of what you said though does ring true. I'm no college football fan, but like I said earlier, I hope this kid does eventually come to his senses.
Prodigal Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 05:46 AM   #21
f94gator

My attitude towards him was generated not from this incident alone, but from the past 2 years of his actions and his team's actions. They don't like him, he's got an attitude problem, and both have become very apparent. Sure, I have to rely on the media to see that stuff, and they can be slanted, but when I hear the same thing over and over from different sources, sorry, I start believing there is some truth to it.

Maybe he's a good kid deep down. I'm not saying otherwise. I've met priests and nuns in my years of Catholic school life that were NOT pleasant people by a long stretch. They're still good people, but that doesn't mean I had to like them or enjoy their company.
f94gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 02:03 PM   #22
scubanole

As a nole fan, I think Rix doesn't think before he does things sometimes. The First parking ticket made me madder than the second, because it was in a HC spot, and I do think that tha is wrong, people do need those spots and that is why they are there.(at least it wasn't a fake decal). I don't think getting parking tickets are that big of a deal, even if you are the QB as long as you pay the tickets. I knew people at FSU that had hundereds of dollars in tickets. They paid them when it was time to graduate. Getting the tickets may not be smart, it is not as news worthy as it is being made out to be.n if you are the QB as long as you pay the tickets. I knew people at FSU that had hundereds of dollars in tickets. They paid them when it was time to graduate. Getting the tickets may not be smart, it is not as news worthy as it is being made out to be. I know most will prob. disagree with me and that is fine.