Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Buddy Networking -- Let's Go Hunting! > Anywhere else!

Anywhere else! You can post here to get a conversation started if looking to meet and hunt with people in other areas not listed above.

Old 11-24-2004, 11:09 AM   #1
Bergo

Question Spearing Club for Mid-Atlantic area

I have been tossing about the idea of starting a spearo club in the Mid-Atlantic region. The area that could be involved, but not limited to, would be Deleware, Maryland, Virginia, DC, and lower PA.

I know of a few shooters in the DC metro area and I know there are some of you guys on the eastern shore. DE definitley has some shooters.

Organizing has the benefits of sharing information and techniques as well as meeting new friends to shoot with. We could even put together a team for tournaments.

This club could be open to either scuba or breath hold shooters.

I am open to suggestions.

contact me here or via email at snowbergo@hotmail.com
Bergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 02:09 PM   #2
SeaWitch

DE has one, Delaware State Skin Divers founded in 1959 which is still active and has tournaments on the DE Breakwater. DC has one called the Underwater Adventure Seekers which is part of The National Association of Black Scuba Divers, who also compete in tournaments (against DSSD) on the breakwater. There is a club in VA called the Mid-Atlantic Freedivers which generally spearfish in NC and also at the Bay Bridge Tunnel in VA.

We are beginning one this year in OC which we plan to compete against/spearfish with all three, competing in DE, MD, VA and NC.

If you are interested in any of the above let me know and I'll get you the contact details.

Dive Safe!

Last edited by SeaWitch; 11-24-2004 at 04:39 PM.
SeaWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 04:47 PM   #3
Bergo

If you are starting one in OC you can count me in to be a member.

Jon-
Bergo is offline   Reply With Quote