Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Miami and The Florida Keys

Miami and The Florida Keys Have a report, or want to discuss spearing in Miami or the Keys? Post here!

Old 07-28-2017, 04:35 PM   #1
One Breath One Kill

Mini Season 2017 Video

Only need 6 minutes of your time for this new video. Hot off the press!

let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apt4O6UfhRQ

Follow me on Instagram - @One_Breath

Last edited by One Breath One Kill; 08-01-2017 at 06:26 AM.
One Breath One Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 05:41 AM   #2
Thin man

Re: Mini Season 2017 Video

You guys do it right! Good work!
Thin man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:45 AM   #3
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

Awesome! I was on Marathon last week and saw your place as we headed out the channel every day - beautiful setup, nice grass too

You notice when someone in the Keys has a green lawn

This was only my 2nd trip to Marathon, and we had a real hard time finding lobster around there. Obviously we were looking in the wrong spots..... We gave up and made the run to the place we normally go, 40 miles by boat....

Maybe I'll find them closer next time. My wife and kids were less than thrilled to spend 3 hours each day just travelling to the lobster spots...

Great video
Old 07-31-2017, 10:29 AM   #4
One Breath One Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Brown View Post
Awesome! I was on Marathon last week and saw your place as we headed out the channel every day - beautiful setup, nice grass too

You notice when someone in the Keys has a green lawn

This was only my 2nd trip to Marathon, and we had a real hard time finding lobster around there. Obviously we were looking in the wrong spots..... We gave up and made the run to the place we normally go, 40 miles by boat....

Maybe I'll find them closer next time. My wife and kids were less than thrilled to spend 3 hours each day just travelling to the lobster spots...

Great video
Thanks man! Do you go on the gulf side?

Old 07-31-2017, 11:07 AM   #5
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Breath One Kill View Post
Thanks man! Do you go on the gulf side?
Yes, I have several holes I found on the last trip that had produced for me well on the Gulf side, and I did a bunch of satellite photo recon and found quite a few more good spots that we spent all day Tuesday scouting, and just about everything was vacant. Shot a fat red grouper that had lobster antennas sticking out of his throat, and one of my other honey holes had a big fat green Moray in it, so simple bad luck could be part of the problem...

Your videos mostly had an Atlantic look though... All the reefs I've dove (and it's not that many) on the Atlantic side never seem to have all that many lobster, so we haven't ever done much scouting over there.

It was a super fun trip with the kids though! My two-year-old learned how to snorkel, and he has been pretending to snorkel ever since. he puts on his mask and jumps off the couch and then lays on his belly on the carpet, waving his arms and legs around!
Old 07-31-2017, 04:13 PM   #6
One Breath One Kill

Quote:
Yes, I have several holes I found on the last trip that had produced for me well on the Gulf side, and I did a bunch of satellite photo recon and found quite a few more good spots that we spent all day Tuesday scouting, and just about everything was vacant. Shot a fat red grouper that had lobster antennas sticking out of his throat, and one of my other honey holes had a big fat green Moray in it, so simple bad luck could be part of the problem...

Your videos mostly had an Atlantic look though... All the reefs I've dove (and it's not that many) on the Atlantic side never seem to have all that many lobster, so we haven't ever done much scouting over there.

It was a super fun trip with the kids though! My two-year-old learned how to snorkel, and he has been pretending to snorkel ever since. he puts on his mask and jumps off the couch and then lays on his belly on the carpet, waving his arms and legs around!
Yea a lot of people were saying the gulf side was a little weak.

Old 08-01-2017, 06:38 AM   #7
kwyoungspear

Nice video as always!

Not gunna lie though, I don't see the excitement in filming or watching some else catch lobster. But that's probably because I dive for them commercially and look at it as a job, unlike spearfishing which is just too much fun for me to think I'm working.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:06 AM   #8
R.Boonfield

Were those grouper in shallower water tucked up under coral heads?
R.Boonfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:23 AM   #9
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyoungspear View Post
Nice video as always!

Not gunna lie though, I don't see the excitement in filming or watching some else catch lobster. But that's probably because I dive for them commercially and look at it as a job, unlike spearfishing which is just too much fun for me to think I'm working.
It will be a sad day if ever seeing a lobster get netted feels like heaving another shovel-full of dirt!

Coming down for lobster once a year, I can't see that ever happening. I dream about them sometimes - seeing the antennas bristling out from under a circle ledge. It's always a small, satisfying shock when you drag over a hole and spot the lobster, a little "Ha! I have you now!"

But his video is a little depressing in comparison to my actual experience this year......
Old 08-01-2017, 01:33 PM   #10
One Breath One Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Boonfield View Post
Were those grouper in shallower water tucked up under coral heads?
They were in around 20'

Old 08-02-2017, 08:55 PM   #11
kwyoungspear

Quote:
It will be a sad day if ever seeing a lobster get netted feels like heaving another shovel-full of dirt!

Coming down for lobster once a year, I can't see that ever happening. I dream about them sometimes - seeing the antennas bristling out from under a circle ledge. It's always a small, satisfying shock when you drag over a hole and spot the lobster, a little "Ha! I have you now!"

But his video is a little depressing in comparison to my actual experience this year......
Catch 250 a day for a week or two straight until your hands look like hamburger meat and you'll know what I mean. It's almost like factory work at that point. Tap, Tap, Tap, net, bag, repeat.

Not to mention the amount of props I see zoom feet over my head. It's good money though and I get to make it swimming around in the ocean so I really can't bitch. Let's just hope the Chinese slowly pulling out of the market doesn't crash the price.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:28 AM   #12
mrbowdeadly

Great video. Pretty much sums up the experience.

We hit the gulf side too. I measured two lobsters all day, the rest were big. We got 27. Shot a nice grouper. It was a blast.

Glad you got to enjoy some hogfish prior to the new regs.

Thanks for sharing.

MBD
Old 08-03-2017, 02:07 PM   #13
One Breath One Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbowdeadly View Post
Great video. Pretty much sums up the experience.

We hit the gulf side too. I measured two lobsters all day, the rest were big. We got 27. Shot a nice grouper. It was a blast.

Glad you got to enjoy some hogfish prior to the new regs.

Thanks for sharing.

MBD
Hogfish are everywhere!...I've been catching them under my dock for a couple years now.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:42 PM   #14
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Breath One Kill View Post
Hogfish are everywhere!...I've been catching them under my dock for a couple years now.
Do you use jigs with dead shrimp, or what?

I was out near Coffins patch and saw the biggest school of baby hogs I've ever witnessed... There were over 20 all in a group.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:13 AM   #15
dalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyoungspear View Post
Catch 250 a day for a week or two straight until your hands look like hamburger meat and you'll know what I mean. It's almost like factory work at that point. Tap, Tap, Tap, net, bag, repeat.

Not to mention the amount of props I see zoom feet over my head. It's good money though and I get to make it swimming around in the ocean so I really can't bitch. Let's just hope the Chinese slowly pulling out of the market doesn't crash the price.
Doesn't that seem a bit excessive? I mean i know your just trying to get paid but I kind of feel that raping the ocean is what ruins it for the rest of us.

Im with some others on here, i dream about reaching in those rocks and grabbin those bugs, also love spearing.

Hope you guys left me some in and around Marathon for the end of this month
dalite is offline   Reply With Quote