Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2019, 06:42 AM   #1
sharpshooter
Registered User
 
sharpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: st. petersburg,fl.
Posts: 1,921
Blown out ARS weekend

So much for this weekend. Only, one more open weekend.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 08:53 AM   #2
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Largo, Florida
Posts: 4,973
Re: Blown out ARS weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
So much for this weekend. Only, one more open weekend.
Yeah, the ARS season has been a total bust for us. We got blown out on every day we had planned to go. Seems like the weather was great during the week and blew on the weekends Hopefully they will realize that few ARS were actually taken in this opening and give us a few more opportunities this year. Also, we never got a legal size AJ during this 90 day season and that was disappointing too. Seems all the legal sized ones were mostly deep in the 180 to 200 ft. depths. I heard they were working on a spring and fall season for ARS and AJ’s next year and that would help.
__________________
Ocean Rhino Spearguns: Designed & Built By Commercial Spearfishermen

Manufactured By: Spearfishing Specialties (727)-548-7686

E-mail: oceanrhino@gmail.com Web: OceanRhino.com
Spear One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 08:57 AM   #3
grey2112
Capt. of Pickled Pelican
 
grey2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Port Richey FL
Posts: 1,827
Re: Blown out ARS weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear One View Post
Yeah, the ARS season has been a total bust for us. We got blown out on every day we had planned to go. Seems like the weather was great during the week and blew on the weekends Hopefully they will realize that few ARS were actually taken in this opening and give us a few more opportunities this year. Also, we never got a legal size AJ during this 90 day season and that was disappointing too. Seems all the legal sized ones were mostly deep in the 180 to 200 ft. depths. I heard they were working on a spring and fall season for ARS and AJís next year and that would help.
I hope so. I got ONE ARS this year and no AJ at all.
grey2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:47 AM   #4
speargunking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 299
Re: Blown out ARS weekend

I got an idea.. how bout opening up season like gag's.. open in june and close at the end of december.. even if they up the size limit to 20 inch instead of 16 inch.. that would work for everyone im sure... lets hope and pray this comes true... but dont bank on it..
__________________
grouper can run, but stainless steel is quicker!!!


25 foot proline "Awesome Angler"

http://www.saltyshores.com/vids/capjay.htmlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...CnkD4zNZ8w#t=0

Click on Links above for Grouper digging Video's..
speargunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 01:57 PM   #5
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Largo, Florida
Posts: 4,973
Re: Blown out ARS weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by speargunking View Post
I got an idea.. how bout opening up season like gag's.. open in june and close at the end of december.. even if they up the size limit to 20 inch instead of 16 inch.. that would work for everyone im sure... lets hope and pray this comes true... but dont bank on it..
Another option would be to give us 1 Gag, 1 ARS, and 1 AJ per trip year round. Or maybe open each 11 months a year and close one month during spawn. These closed seasons are killing the offshore fishery.
__________________
Ocean Rhino Spearguns: Designed & Built By Commercial Spearfishermen

Manufactured By: Spearfishing Specialties (727)-548-7686

E-mail: oceanrhino@gmail.com Web: OceanRhino.com
Spear One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 02:46 PM   #6
sharpshooter
Registered User
 
sharpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: st. petersburg,fl.
Posts: 1,921
Re: Blown out ARS weekend

Hubbards has been going out to +180' for legal AJ's. Another idea would be all boats have a VMS and a IFQ limit for fish Jan. thru Dec. each year. You would have all year to go get your fish. That would keep the Marine Fisheries busy. Not to mention no sleep trying to check your catch.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 AM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com