Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Recipe Corner > Recipes Here!

Recipes Here! Here's your little corner to demonstrate your culinary skills.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:28 PM   #16
grey2112

Re: Fillets are for sissys

Best fish soup/chowder I've ever made was so damn good BECAUSE of the fish stock I made as an ingredient. "Sherpa Stew" (recipe on this very subforum) involves a fish stock made with the carcasses and heads of sheepshead, mangrove snapper, hogfish, or pretty much anything we could throw in there. Wine, water, garlic, bouquet garni, onions, carrots, celery, pepper and salt. Had to do it outside cause it smelled horrible. Strained it all through a sieve that will only be used for THAT from now on. Really pressed the hell out of the meat and bones to get every last drop. Then the stock was used in a 1:1 ratio with water in the chowder that was made (chunks of fish, veggies, wine, broth, water, potatoes, maybe some scallops or shrimp, and half-and-half. Amazing.
grey2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:14 PM   #17
popgun pete

Re: Fillets are for sissys

To think of the gallons of potential fish soup I have thrown over the transom, but I will not lose any sleep over it and will stick to gorging on the fillets.
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote