Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 01-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
scdvt2

looking for dive buddy(ies) this week-end

Hi all,

as explained a few weeks earlier, I recently moved from the Brittany coast of France to the bay area and I am more than eager to go back underwater freediving/spearfishing.

Actually, since I moved here I only get 2 opportunities to go freediving but I was alone and did not really know the good spots (one time in Monterey, the other at Refugio State Beach on my way back from LA).

Looking for someone to teach me the basics of safe spearfishing in California (coming from the Brittany coast of France, I already know cold water and strong currents ;-) the north coast of Brittany actually experience huge tide ranges up to 12m between low and High tide but except from some rare "peau bleue" sharks not really annoying and some seals... nothing to worry about there as long as you don't get hit by a boat or trapped in a net) ... local species, what to catch, what not to catch ...

I still need to buy a new gun (my former gun was left in France), so if any prospective buddy would be nice enough to loan me a spare gun for a first spearfishng session... I would appreciate it and will go buy a license for 2012. Otherwise, I have all gears needed (my wetsuit, weightbelt, fins ...) and would also appreciate just going freediving and taking some underwater pictures of the local fauna...

Living in San Rafael, I can make it to any interesting spot no more than 2h30 drive from my place (so the Monterey area is almost my max range south from SF, and I don't know yet of any spot north from SF).

Thanking you in advance guys!

And if it is not possible on this sunday or monday, let's try to organize something soon (even if I think rain will finally replace this exceptionnaly nice weather soon).

Julien
scdvt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
phishphood

Re: looking for dive buddy(ies) this week-end

Julien-

I'm more or less in the same boat as you. At least in terms of where to go/what to shoot and the lacking of a gun. But if no one else offers to take you hunting, I'm willing to go explore with you with a camera this Monday and find better places to dive. We'll see what the weather looks like.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:54 AM   #3
Jolinedaniel
Shootin dodo's

Re: looking for dive buddy(ies) this week-end

If your ever down in Laguna I'll go out with you
Jolinedaniel is offline   Reply With Quote