Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average. Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 09:27 AM   #16
Bulit7

Re: Hog Hunting with Dogs. Too much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryfish View Post
Wow you managed to killed a hog with a guide, swampbuggie, dogs, and a gun. You go big white hunter you.....LOL
Got nothin good to say, stay off my thread dumass.

I'll reply to the other posts later. Just couldnt resist!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #17
SeacraftSlinger

Congrats, Hog hunting is fun no matter what, I prefer no dogs as it keeps their stress level down = better tasting meat, but i hear chasing them down and getting in the mix with the pigs is a huge rush! I watched a video on youtube this 6'2 250lb guy had his knee cap almost removed by a 150lb hog, and the thing sat there biting him on his chest, the dogs finaly dragged the pig off of him, but he was a mess. almost cut his main artery in his thigh and he needed like 20+ staples , and knee surgery. Everyone thinks its easy as pie but things can and do go wrong quickly just like any sport.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:41 PM   #18
chasintail
Hell Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulit7 View Post
Got nothin good to say, stay off my thread dumass.

I'll reply to the other posts later. Just couldnt resist!
You suck!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:14 PM   #19
Bulit7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoGiiCz View Post
Thats bad ass!.... I've always wanted to go hog hunting, do you mind PMing me the guides info? how much did it cost?
I will send you a PM. It cost $150 and we had the hog in the first 30 minutes. I gave Xavier(the guide) $50 cause he deserved it. He got me the sow that I wanted and then he asked if we wanted to train the dogs. How could we say no! LOL We proceeded to put a small black boar at bay and I ended up catching it in a wrestling match. That was worth the $200 right there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear Chuck View Post
We've been trapping them in Oak Hill, then feed them corn for two weeks before harvest in order to clean them out
Pigs have a 4 hour digestive system which isn't healthy. What ever filth they eat you eat unless you flush all the crap out
I must tell you that around here it is not necessary from my experience. These hogs are eating well, foraging around the pastures. Even the ones that fil up on palmetto berries taste good. Now in California, the damn things would feast on bay leave trees and fill themselves with bay leaves. They could taste very strong. Some old boars I have knocked down were quasi unedible even though we did try our best over big bbq's and plenty of tequila and beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt+ View Post
Nice....good times. Hey Lee, funny you should pop in ...way off topic but did you plant a garden this year ?

Hey Aaron. Yes my garden is going very strong this year. Lots of arrugula cilantro, parsley, basil(3 types), oregano, marjoram, thyme (italian seasonings) , sage, chives, green onions, tomatoes(5 varieties) some other stuff too! Planted giant sunflower around the perimeter again too.

BTW, next time leave the gun at home....all knife with dogs , baby .
I wanted to play with my baby. She was thirsty, you know.
Killed hogs with knives before(domestic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearnhouse View Post
all the hogs we trap we grain feed for six months and cut their sack(males), they all eat good then.

Lee, you make me laugh man..."he charged Me" lol..... once the dogs have them bayed up we just go in and hog tie them... no gun required, hog wrastling is much more fun anyway, just gotta watch out for the big boars and tusks, we usually let our vested catch dogs hold them there untill we can get to them to tie em up, nice footage though
They did charge me many times and the dogs. If you notice during the black hogs capture in the video, the damn thing charged me and I kicked its head but it still almost knocked me down. My boot impacted it on the forehead though. Too much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasintail View Post
Nice hogs.Its a rush ain't it.
I wanted a guaranteed kill for my high school budy and I and have been looking forward to hunting with these folks for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasintail View Post
PS I picked up a hint of troll.
Trolls all blow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingingsteel View Post
Man that brings back good memories with the pops. I gotta do it again sometime
$150 and guaranteed kill. Whats wrong with that? Too easy to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider136 View Post
Lee is a killer on land and Sea! Got to like killing hogs!
Hogs are my favorite animal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverlen View Post
Having been raised on a farm for over 20 years, I had a wonderful opportunity to learn a lot about animals and also various types of hunting which makes all of the posts very entertaining. Lee, that is certainly a nice looking hog but who in the hell is that ugly guy?
Anyway, when is that cuban style pig roast happening? Congratulations Lee.
I already made 40lbs of home made sausage, had a badass barbecue of ribs and two loins the day we got home! Yeeehawww!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFfwc View Post
can u please PM me ur guide info. i would appreciate it. great video cant wait to try it.
Thanks. I will PM you later as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpearMax View Post
Lee, I used to hunt hogs in the Corbett area next to the Pratt & Whitney aircarft plant every weekend during archery, black powder and general gun seasons. I had a super swamp buggy and all the right weapons. We used my buddies dogs when it was time to do that method. Great times - I miss them. Tony
I know Corbet like the palm of my hand! Archery, muzzl and general gun!!
Killed a few there myself!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #20
Bulit7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeacraftSlinger View Post
Congrats, Hog hunting is fun no matter what, I prefer no dogs as it keeps their stress level down = better tasting meat, but i hear chasing them down and getting in the mix with the pigs is a huge rush! I watched a video on youtube this 6'2 250lb guy had his knee cap almost removed by a 150lb hog, and the thing sat there biting him on his chest, the dogs finaly dragged the pig off of him, but he was a mess. almost cut his main artery in his thigh and he needed like 20+ staples , and knee surgery. Everyone thinks its easy as pie but things can and do go wrong quickly just like any sport.
Hogs are ok when they are the size of the ones we caught. The bigger ones have cutters that will kill dogs and rip a mans leg up. They become fearless when dogs are around and stand their ground and charge as you can see that both pigs did this. When grapling with a big boar make sure to grab tight. Turn him on his side and stradle him. After that grab the rear legs and he is down for the count.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #21
Bulit7

Some more hog pics:

Corbet archery brain shot hog:

Corbet muzzleloader hogs:

Corbett in the morning:

Last edited by Bulit7; 05-14-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:14 PM   #22
Bulit7

Cali hog:

Another NorCal hog:

Cali Blacktail deer:

Another Cali hog:
Old 05-14-2010, 11:33 PM   #23
LoGiiCz

Quote:
I will send you a PM. It cost $150 and we had the hog in the first 30 minutes. I gave Xavier(the guide) $50 cause he deserved it. He got me the sow that I wanted and then he asked if we wanted to train the dogs. How could we say no! LOL We proceeded to put a small black boar at bay and I ended up catching it in a wrestling match. That was worth the $200 right there!
Thanks man, I appreciate it.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:40 PM   #24
hammerhead786

Quote:
Hogs are ok when they are the size of the ones we caught. The bigger ones have cutters that will kill dogs and rip a mans leg up. They become fearless when dogs are around and stand their ground and charge as you can see that both pigs did this. When grapling with a big boar make sure to grab tight. Turn him on his side and stradle him. After that grab the rear legs and he is down for the count.
I grew up Catchin' Hog's over on the west coast of FL. I lost a few game, experienced pitts to hogs. Many times the hog that took a pitt out was just a little, skinny *****er with long cutters. I also had a friend who was cut from the back of his knee to his balls from one head whip. One of the bravest and best hunters i've ever known. Years ago he shot himself in the head during a late night argument with his dad. It broke my heart and many others... Opie Mancell RIP.

We always tried to use a cur to scent them and let the Pitts bay them up so we could go in and slice their throats. If the dogs had a good ear lock someone would just grab the rear legs and slash the boars throat. If the dog(s) couldn't get a good bite you grab them by the back legs, spin them around like a top and then pull them in and pin them with your knee for the throat slash. It's a lot crazier than it sounds. Some times I'd let the dogs go on the bayed hog and go in only to find the yiping cur with the pitts all over him and the boar long gone. It was always exciting... It was a weekly thing back then until some assholes shot a game warden to death. That changed everything... The warden had a daughter in a near by high school... Now we hunt over there a few times a year on my buddies potatoe farm. The hogs mess his crops up! The problem is the hogs are smart and they've learned quick about us coming after them... Maybe we're just still dumber???

Anyone dissing Lee on here for this post is a chump. He's a good hunter a good spear fisherman and a first rate dive partner. He's always got your back no matter the conditions / circumstances.

Let me tell you though Lee this is no Gregory Fairclough pig...

Congrats!!
Old 05-15-2010, 07:02 AM   #25
joelovesfishin

Quote:
I like that ghetto gun holster!

Want to become a Special Agent? FedLeo.com
Old 05-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #26
Bulit7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelovesfishin View Post
I like that ghetto gun holster!
LOL! Gotta love them 6 inch barrels!!
Old 05-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #27
GrouperTrooper

lemme ask you QUESTION.

why do you get all defensive when someone makes a comment you dont like?

life is full of idiots. nothing you can do about it.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:48 PM   #28
Bulit7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouperTrooper View Post
lemme ask you QUESTION.

why do you get all defensive when someone makes a comment you dont like?

life is full of idiots. nothing you can do about it.
Simple grasshopper! I would never dream of putting someone down for no reason whatsoever. I would simply say nothing if I had nothing good to say unless the situation merrited a response. If someone posted a cool story and pics I would not go out of my way to knock em down. I have no need for that. Its for insecure pieces of shit that dont deserve to be breathing the same air we do. The reason this world is so ****ed up is because people put up with idiots and allow them to get away with their bullshit. Whanna come on my thread and be respectfull, you will get nothing but respect from me. Wanna poke at me, cool, but expect return fire. Wanna take it to a higher level...I'm not hard to find. A quick pm is all it takes.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:12 PM   #29
seadogger

Quote:
Some more hog pics:

Corbet archery brain shot hog:

Corbet muzzleloader hogs:

Corbett in the morning:

I love to hog hunt with a bow at dusk using carbons w/ aluminoks. Nothing like seeing that shaft lit up as it's homing in on my pork shoulder !! BUT.....you could have left the one picture of the piglet with his face blown off out of the picture bro !! I can't finish my beer now !!!
Old 05-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #30
JDC 92
dirty water diver

did you shoot a damn pot bellied pig in the face?