Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Southern Atlantic Seaboard

Southern Atlantic Seaboard Here's the place for shooters from Georgia up to Maryland, including the Carolinas and Virginia.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #61
Spearchuckerz
Subaquatic bitchslapper

Re: Frying Pan Tower catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100days-a-year
Your public display of insult towards fellow spearfisherman

100thumbsupyourass- Actually I would say that your comment: "And my personal taxes could probly pay at least 1 of your salaries parasite."

....would be the most idiotic statment in this entire thread. Boasting about your income? You must be a badass!
Spearchuckerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:35 PM   #62
Mattedhead
Matt Head

Agreed 100%. I didn't see any problem w/ Keith's post at all. My response concerning ed./exp. was only to rebut the claims of some of those guys as to having no experience in the area, this does not say that they were correct...just more informed than the general public/diver/spearfisherman concerning Onslow Bay. I continued to post because I was thrown under the bus for things others said. There are a number of very rarely visited spots in the general vicinity including a few wrecks that aren't on any charts and very, very few have seen. Those are the true gems or secret spots. I don't consider spots on commercially available charts secret. I'm sorry for any miscommunication (which is typically at the root of these forum rants).

Take care-
Matt
Mattedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:53 PM   #63
RabiSpear
Blake Gaylord

Matt,
I hope this will affect your ability to relax in Hatteras and neutralize your considerable skillz. This is a pretty ridiculous string of shiot. Four different times, I have written posts and deleted them regarding this thing. I love hearing the responses of the "spearboard educated" vs. "experience educated."

My name is _____ , I am 19 and full of knowledge obtained exclusively from reading posts on spearboard...

Last edited by RabiSpear; 07-12-2006 at 04:37 PM.
RabiSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:09 PM   #64
guttshot
Watch IN-SEAtv on iTunes

Dear Capt. Keith,

As your longtime friend and fellow Onslow Bay free and scuba diver, I would like to apologize for contributing my opinions to this thread. I don't normally spend time on forums, but a friend of mine alerted me to a lively discussion he was having about diving the Tower. I checked it out, and was blown away to see that I knew just about everyone involved. I'm a big fan of knowledge based-debate, it's a great format for education... if you have an open mind.

You had a great trip to the Tower, no doubt. I love that place too, I wish they wouldn't chop it down, it should become a monument, a Statue of Liberty for ocean enthusiasts. It's never been a secret that there lies the fertile crescent of fish hunting, but many people don't realize that there are hundreds of square miles of shallow water fun surrounding it.

I joined and began posting on this thread because I saw a bunch of "us vs. them" happening between my friends, but also confusion about the whole "secret spot" thing. No, the Tower is no secret, but there are places on that shoal that are less known and hold fish. After years of trips there, we have identified some productive areas, and had great days harvesting our share of fish/bugs there.

For us, putting food on the table for the clan is our sole motivation- pictures are cool and huge fish make a good story, but the primal urge to hunt and feed is the drive right? You sharing your experience with us came from that drive, so that others might also eat well.

The mood of the thread changed when contributions from those with other motives began to come in. Those that fish for money, bragging rights, blood-thirst... those that don't see the Tower as their backyard... those that are so self-conscious about their motivations that they have to beat people with them. And then the exact thing we're debating about happens- full scale rape and pilage... the clear-cutting of our rainforest.

Concerned contributors offered some fact-based rebuttals about sustainable, responsible use of our resources and were then summarily pelted with stones of ignorance, insults, libel, and misquotations. We should have let it go, but when backed into a corner with local turf in question, we had to represent. That's not to say that any part of the ocean belongs to anyone, all that means is that we want to be diving these places with our kids in 20 years.

All in all, it's a public forum and no amount of ugliness can overshadow the opportunity for all of us to learn something. We all have one big, blue thing in common and there are a million ways for all of us to enjoy it. It sounds like many of us have made a living from the ocean in some way at some point, and there is nothing wrong with that, as long as we all respect the big blue thing and try to keep it pretty for the kids.

So Keith I apologize, I should have read more threads before posting on what I thought was an open-minded yet opinion-oriented web forum. I did not think the story of your good time would turn into a bunch of adolescents in a sandbox (me included) needing a diaper change.

Aloha,
Ryan

http://www.InSeaWorldwide.com

Last edited by guttshot; 07-12-2006 at 10:32 PM.
guttshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:14 PM   #65
Killer&Griller
What ........ I voted :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumshoe
Tony/Pat. Why don't you guys come up here and we'll plan a trip...let's see, where could we go?

OH, I have an idea!

(can you guess where we ought to go?)

I have the boat, but I can't give you any secret numbers, so you will have to bring your own. How does next week sound for anyone?

Quote:
Matt--- I am a Senior Engineer for one of the largest Defense Contractors in the Nation. My days are spent helping protect our armed forces and even you and the freedom of speech which you appear to hold so very dear.Is there anyone else here who wants to put words in my mouth, confuse me with someone else, misconstrue a previous statement, discredit my background, accuse me of incontinence and chronic masturbation, or sign me up for PETA??? If so please hurry as I leave the office in 30mins. I don't take this shit home w/ me, so I'd hate for you to have to wait until 9am tomorrow morning for a response.
Well, I don't even know if I should go there. I think someone just got shot cause you were replying to this thread and not protecting them at work. Just kidding. Who do you work for?

FYI -------- For all of you commercial divers and fellow "bubble blowers", this is the only type of fish at the towers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kings.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	34442  

Spearfishing is the curse of being allergic to store bought fish.

YES........ I have a DIVE & TACKLE SHOP

YES ....... I CRUSH EVERYONE IN PRICING

Call me if you need a deal on DIVING / FISHING / HUNTING gear including GoPros.

910-377-1513 ...... Craig

Last edited by Killer&Griller; 07-17-2006 at 09:01 PM.
Killer&Griller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:51 AM   #66
Mattedhead
Matt Head

Quote:
Matt,
I hope this will affect your ability to relax in Hatteras and neutralize your considerable skillz.
Blake,
Actually I'm considering just skipping the whole thing...anyone in for a weekend of booze, golf, and narsty strip clubs down in Myrtle Beach? I don't feel that Hatteras is the right place for a "Chicken Little, elitist, incontinent, boatless, clueless, uninformed, inexperienced, arrogant, pathetic, insulting, chronically masturbating, inconsistent, scuba-bashing, welfare collectin', secret spot hording, parasite-poser-idiot-PETA activist." It's better that I don't mar the image of Mark's Tourney w/ my presence. If you guys do happen to see me there, I understand if everyone just ignores me and pretends that I am not there . Such an association could be damning to your Spearboard reps which I know is a driving factor in most of our daily lives .

Poser out-
Mattedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:58 AM   #67
RabiSpear
Blake Gaylord

SWEET! My secret campaign worked wonders.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:12 AM   #68
gumshoe
Medium sized member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattedhead
Blake,
Actually I'm considering just skipping the whole thing...anyone in for a weekend of booze, golf, and narsty strip clubs down in Myrtle Beach?

Dang, you mean we have strip clubs down here?

I guess I need to get out more...

As Sgt. Hulka so eloquently stated in Stripes: "Lighten up, Francis"

Now, everyone quit insulting each other and go out diving Sunday!
gumshoe is offline   Reply With Quote