Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Recipe Corner > Recipes Here!

Recipes Here! Here's your little corner to demonstrate your culinary skills.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:41 AM   #1
CuzzA

Your New Favorite Hogfish (or similar) Recipe... "Hogfish Crouton Bake"

This is always a big hit and everyone loves it. And the best part is it's super simple with no crazy ingredients, but absolutely delicious with the perfect balance of flavor and texture.

Ingredients:
Hogfish fillets (or similar)
Butter
Garlic cloves
Chef Paul's Blackened Redfish Seasoning
Italian Seasoned Croutons
Lemon juice
Garnish if you want (chopped parsley, tarragon, cilantro or whole capers)

In an appropriately sized glass baking dish melt enough butter to create about an 1/8 of an inch base layer.

Place fillets in dish. Pour about a tablespoon of lemon juice over each fillet.

Crush garlic cloves (about 1/2 of a clove per filet) and spread over fillet.

Lightly season the fish with Chef Paul's seasoning. Don't use too much!!! Just a very light dusting. No need to mask an already great tasting fish. Just a little spice.

Take your Italian seasoned croutons and hammer/crush in a zip lock bag. Don't crush too much. You want the croutons broken down to about 1/4" pieces. About 1 cup per fillet give or take, depending on the size of the fillet. Pour the croutons over the fillets liberally, but evenly. You shouldn't be able to see the fish.

Then cut a couple 1/4" slices of butter and place on top of the croutons over each fillet.

Bake on 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. High broil for the last couple minutes to crisp the butter saturated croutons.

Remove, garnish with parsley, tarragon, cilantro or capers if you like and serve.

Enjoy!

I usually whip up some "Garlic Shells - Pasta Sides". They cost about a $1 per bag at the grocery store and I also butter steam vegetables.

In a steamer pot I salt and pepper the vegetables and add chunks of butter. I steam them and then put the steamer colander over the sink and pour the melted butter and steam water over the vegetables as a nice flavorful coating and then pour the vegetables into the pot for serving. Easy and simple.

Try it and I promise it will become a go to recipe from here on out. If you don't love it, I'll give you your money back... Exactly what you paid for this recipe.

Report back what you think after trying it.
CuzzA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:53 PM   #2
grey2112

Re: Your New Favorite Hogfish (or similar) Recipe... "Hogfish Crouton Bake"

Sounds good, James - sort of like my stuffed hogfish recipe below.

Wish more people would share their recipes here.
grey2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 04:54 PM   #3
CuzzA

Re: Your New Favorite Hogfish (or similar) Recipe... "Hogfish Crouton Bake"

Thanks. I tried your Hogfish piccata last night so that inspired me to share this one. Good stuff. I screwed up and didn't account for the amount of fish I cooked and increasing portions for the accompanying sauce as I had guests, but it was still great.
CuzzA is offline   Reply With Quote