Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 05-26-2019, 08:58 AM   #1
sharpshooter

Out on Stranglehold III

Went out of JP 5-26-19 on Jays Pursuit 28 he recently purchased. Boat handled the chop very well. We did a couple of dives in 80'. Bottom temp. 79F-80F.. Horz. vis. was a solid 35'. We ended up with 1 fat red grouper, 1 decent hog and 3 nice size goes. 1 zoo keeper (lion fish) filled up on 1 dive. We saw some decent and small size gags. I saw 1 keeper ARS. No sharks due to not much fish on the reefs. Passed on the 14-15" hogs. I know the legal size is 14". For me personally. The meat yield isn't worth the effort. Just like in hunting for big horns at the farm. You shoot all the little ones. You'll never have big horns. Thru the last 5 years the buck racks have steadily gotten bigger at the farm and the neighbors farm. Same thing goes for fish.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:04 AM   #2
GatorNative

Re: Out on Stranglehold III

Excellent philosophy!
Congratulations on a good day.
GatorNative is offline   Reply With Quote