Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
Ydiveman
Bleed with me............

Send a message via AIM to Ydiveman
Emerald Sunday Report

The seas were angry that day my friends................ George Costanza was not on the boat, but there were plenty of regulars to keep things lively. My partner in crime Steve "what's under that coat?" Kelly, and I set out in the middle of the night from the northern reaches - aka Orlando.

We saw the trees waving back at us as we approached the coast, and we were hopeful that at least a couple of the locals would look out their windows and roll over so we could have a nice spread out scene on the boat. Nobody hit their snooze buttons!, and it is a testament to Randy and his crew that he had a full roster on a somewhat "choppy" day.

We got to the big green boat in plenty of time, and enjoyed some lively banter getting things stowed and ready to go. Flags were standing to attention, and the wind was rippling thru Steve K's hair

The inlet was actually not insanely rough, or at least that's how Capt. Brandon made it feel. Once we made it out, it became clear that the marine forecast was a tad conservative, and the actual seas were a little more than forecast. Our captain handled it in awesome fashion, and we made our was slowly thru the swells. First time I have ever seen a wave bigger than the boat There were a few AWESOME waves during the trip.

Drops were fantastic. Vis was stellar, and the grouper were out. Missed a couple of nice ones, and then towards the end of the dive I was floating at around 70ft with Steve K and Mark, when I spot a nice gag chilling between some big rocks on the bottom. I do my best Ironman impression, flying straight down to the fish, and with a lucky shot, I nailed him. (Very lucky shot as after the dive I found out my shaft had a banana like bend to it!!). Mark and Steve watched with some amusement as I tried to wrestle the beast, and after a couple of minutes of hand to hand combat and a galant assist from Steve, victory was mine

Boat load of lobster on the 2nd and 3rd dives, and overall an outstanding day. Great group of divers on the boat, and as always, a great day on the Emerald with good friends
Ydiveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:29 AM   #2
reef roamer

Re: Emerald Sunday Report

glad you got out there Steve and stuck your grouper. should have seen the waves from a 26 footer, very exhilarating to say the least. sea ya soon

hey wana sea my fish????????

Koahspearguns.com.
Ladygadivers
reef roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
Mobile Diver

Re: Emerald Sunday Report

Nice job!!
305 849 0866
Mobile Diver is offline   Reply With Quote